How much do you hope to give?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a sewing machine for my 21st Birthday, and i was incredibly grateful for it.

I would loved someone to have given me a large sum of money but unfortunately none of my family were in a position to do so. I very much doubt we shall be able to do the same for Ivan as we are just about breaking even paying out for the 6 of us as it is. I don't necessarily see it as a bad thing though. It might not be much but everything i have i have bought and paid for myself if my children can say the same i'll be very proud of them.

I don't think its wrong to have a trust fund for your children not at all I think its lovely.

£100,000 is a lot of money to give anyone let alone a young adult, when this was brought up snotty vulgar attitudes start coming into the equation again

I didn't get a trust fund but my parents bought me a car, paid for my education and bought me a house, they did the same for my brother. DH's parents built him and SIL houses (which we live in) and my parents bought us all the furniture. Both sets of parents paid for our wedding in full.

I'm hoping to be able to do the same for my children! I don't think it's odd that people want to give their kids money, but I'd rather pay for all of the above like my parents did and let them save up their own money by working and not start out their life in debt (like student loans or getting a loan to buy a car or house) :thumbup:

ETA: Whether you choose to do the above or give your kids money...you can only spoil them if you bring them up to not be appreciative of what they have! A lot of people would think I'm spoiled for growing up in a very comfortable environment, but I saw how hard my parents worked for my future and appreciate everything I have! Same goes for DH who's parents had to send him and SIL to camp because they barely had money for food when they were building this building we live in. Damn straight we learned from them and are willing to work hard and provide our children with the best we can!

Thread locked pending admin review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79