How much do you pay for 1 full day at nursery?

Baby Bell

Reaction score
We thinking of putting our DS into nursery for one day a week. Our parents babysit during the week for us and we thought it would ease the pressure on them.......we also feel he would benefit from regular interaction with other children. There's a new nursery opening in a few weeks, but I dunno if it's expensive or standard charge £35? What would you expect to pay?

Hi there

We live on the outskirts of Edinburgh (not a million miles from you) and pay £34.50 a day. That doesn't include any food or nappies. They provide wipes but that's it. Earliest drop off is 7am last collection is 5:45pm.

Hope that helps! I think that price is fairly standard (ish) based on what we were quoted for others nearby.

Joy x

That's great, I stupidly didn't think to ask if it included meals, we going to have a look around on Monday so will ask then:thumbup: this one is open 7-7 which is great cause oh can pick up when he finishes work at6!

I live in a commuter town outside of London and mine was £65 a day. Round here £65-70 is pretty standard. It's why I don't work. I'mnot really earning that much money by the end of the month. It's about £1200 a month for a full time nursery place. Crazy money!

I pay £44 a day (was £46 but reduced this month as LO is now in the 2+ room)

That includes breakfast & 2x cooked meals a day but I provide nappies and wipes.

Where i live rates are £46-£56 a day so I'd be well happy with £35 a day!

The nursery is open 7-7 but LO tends to do 8-4 as that fits in with my working hours

We pay thirty five pound a day, meals included, im in the west midlands.

I pay £43 a day, from 8am - 6pm.:wacko: This includes breakfast, dinner and tea, and its a lovely nursery but yeah- childcare's not cheap! x

I pay £35 a day and that includes all meals and wipes, I provide nappies. The hours are 8-6 pm but my lo generally does 8-5

Ours is $34 a day (USD) and includes meals and snacks. I have to provide the diapers and wipes. It is $34 a day if your child is walking, $37 for infants, and it gets a little cheaper the older they get. This price is one of the lowest ones I've found in my area and I love our daycare. They also do daily and even hourly rates - most daycares around here charge by the week regardless if your child is there full time or not, so that may be something you'd want to look into!

I pay about £40 a day, I think, in a London nursery but we get an RAF discount as it is on base, I'm not sure what the full costs would be. (Before we got the free hours). Can't wait to have 2 in there come September...!! Includes food and sun cream lol.

I pay £40 a day in North Yorkshire. That includes all meals, nappies, wipes. The only thing I have to provide in nappy cream!

Our nursery is in north lanarkshire. They charge 43.50 for 0-2 which includes snacks and meals but excludes nappies and wipes.

I'm in London (on the edge in zone 6). Our nursery is just under £60 a day.

I have to provide wipes and nappies. All meals and snacks are included and so is cows milk once they are on that. They also provide sun cream or you can provide your own.

Looking at some of the London prices on here I think our discount is better than I realised, I always thought it was pitiful but I think that was because we went from Wales to London so it was still more expensive even with a discount, but clearly it could be a lot worse.

I pay about £40 I'm in the north west of England

I pay £35 a day in Essex for 8-6 with breakfast and 2 cooked meals. The only thing not included is nappies. Ours is one of the cheapest locally - most are £50+ a day.

I pay about £65 per day for DD2, less for DD1 because she gets the 15 hours free (not sure exactly how much for DD1). But I pay by salary sacrifice as this is my staff nursery (I work for the NHS) so I pay less tax on my salary as a result. I am in north London.

I'm in the North West and pay £32 per day. That's from 7:30AM - 6PM and includes all meals. The only thing I have to send in with DD is nappies.

The daily rate at mine is £38, inclusive of meals but I take my own in for them as they have allergies so I have a reduction of 2.50. Not great but with 2 of them in every little helps! They're in from 7.30-6.00. They charge by the hour which is good so they have really flexible times and wrap around care too. I'm in the west midlands. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->