How much do you pay for 1 full day at nursery?

About £52 for a full day I think. 8-6 Including meals, nappies ect. That's about 30 mins from London x

We're £38 a day from 8 am (opens at 7) till 6 PM (though we pick up at half 4/5)

This includes 2 cooked meals, snacks, nappies, wipes and outings. They do care plan with each parent and have a finger print entry system as well as a camera we can access remotely to see how he's doing that is encrypted and password protected.

The standard price around here seems to be £38-45.

We're £38 a day from 8 am (opens at 7) till 6 PM (though we pick up at half 4/5)

This includes 2 cooked meals, snacks, nappies, wipes and outings. They do care plan with each parent and have a finger print entry system as well as a camera we can access remotely to see how he's doing that is encrypted and password protected.

The standard price around here seems to be £38-45.

thats awsome security! Wish our nursery was like that.. where ds1 goes you just buzz the door (theyr supposed to ask who it is but dont) and they let you in! you could be anyone! Id love the camera idea too so i could check on his he is doing as we have concerns over him being left to his own devices when hes struggling (suspected ASD) xx

Our nursery is behind the wire on a military base...doesn't get much more secure than that :haha:

We paid nearly £50 a day in the midlands. It was the most expensive nursery but it's been well worth the money, my 3 year old is polite and lovely and eats all sorts. We got 3 plus meals a day but I provided wipes and nappies.

My DD is in the 0-2 room at the mo and we pay £40 a day, although we do get childcare vouchers from work. it includes food but not nappies and wipes which we provide. I'm in Kent which is pretty notoriously expensive but I'm very happy with her nursery and DD loves it.

£32 a day down in Dorset, but that is incredibly cheap for where we are. That doesn't include nappies or food. Full days care generally ranges from £44 up where we are.

£53 in brighton. 8-6, includes three hot meals, nappies, sun cream, snacks etc

Ours has a fingerprint entry too!

If we needed it, it would be 8% of our income. For us it works out at around 5 euro (around £4) a day.

Right now I'm able to stay home and not worry about it. When she's 3 she can go to kindergarten (she doesn't have to though) and we might have to pay for it - but it's mean tested so we might not even be earning enough to even have to pay that.

One of the many perks of living in Germany. I don't envy any of you at all, those prices are ridiculous.

If we needed it, it would be 8% of our income. For us it works out at around 5 euro (around £4) a day.

Right now I'm able to stay home and not worry about it. When she's 3 she can go to kindergarten (she doesn't have to though) and we might have to pay for it - but it's mean tested so we might not even be earning enough to even have to pay that.

One of the many perks of living in Germany. I don't envy any of you at all, those prices are ridiculous.

ooh, here's a question. Do you think there are more SAHM in Germany than in the UK? Does the government help SAHM at all? There is a feeling fewer return to work here because of the costs.

ooh, here's a question. Do you think there are more SAHM in Germany than in the UK? Does the government help SAHM at all? There is a feeling fewer return to work here because of the costs.

Its extremely common for women to stay home (well it is where I am anyway). You get kindergeld until your child is 18 (or 25 if they continue in education) and you can also get elterngeld for a year (or two, but you obviously get less).

If you are unemployed you are protected from the job centre for 3 years - they don't expect you to look for work during this time. After that your child goes to kindergarten which you pay for depending on what you earn. Like I said if you do have to pay then it's around 8% of your income (roughly 33% in the uk). I'm not sure what the requirement is for you to pay, but we're below it so we don't have to when she turns 3 next may.

The government actually try and throw money at you to have kids - the typical rate of kids per family is just one so they try and encourage people to have more by offering things like this.

I'm quite glad that they offer such things - having a pretty dire support network means I am able to go back to work without worrying about the cost.

Wow, that's really interesting. As I thought, it sound like reducing nursery fees might not have a massive impact on encouraging mothers back into the work place. Gawd we do things badly when it comes to supporting parenting.

I pay £40 per day at the moment. He starts full time in July, and it ends up being £160 per week. Yes.. That's £640pcm -.- Soooo looking forward to that. Haha. x

£32.50 / day.

No meals, no nappies. They provide milk & wipes.

My sister works in one in London (zone three almost two so getting towards the centre) and it 75 a day, that includes meals and nappies. I worked in one 12 years ago in Hammersmith (zone two) and that was £65 back then, that included meals and nothing else, dread to think the fees now.

$65 and $150 on therapy days, it is brutal.

I paid £20 for Joshua to go to a nursery once a week. That was for 8.30am - 2.30pm. It included snacks/drinks but had to pay for meal.

The nursery was for 2 years+ and it was on School grounds (not the School nursery though). For dinner, they would use the School's canteen so I paid the school for the dinner.

During School holidays, they charged £15 for 9am - 3pm and a pack lunch had to be provided.

Despite being cheap, they were an excellent nursery. All the staff were great. I chose it based on the feeling I got when I walked in.

I think the standard day fee in other nurseries is £35-45.

We are in fife and pay 42.50£ per day includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, all wipes, nappies and additional snacks, just glad I dont live in London crazy prices!!

LO goes to a childminder, I pay her €30 a day & I provide everything - meals, nappies, wipes, drinks etc, creches here are roughly the same price depending on where you live - cities are dearer, I'm looking forward to having a few euros back when she's in school !!!

$70 US per day, with meals included. Inexpensive for where we live. I know a lot of people who pay $100 or more per day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->