how much do you spend a week on food shopping?

We spend £200 a month, so I do a £100 big shop for all tins, pasta etc and £25 a week on fresh stuff like milk and veg. We do all meals from scratch and always do packed lunches, packed snacks etc. I do the Grocery Challenge on moneysavingexpert.com forum and it really helps to keep my spends down, as does meal planning every month/week and only shopping once a week.

This is for me, OH and DS.

I spend between £50 and £80 depending on nappys/milk etc.

Ill have to check with hubby as its him that does the food shop :) but I think its about £60 a week but he likes his steak and then a additional £10-£15 a week on stuff that's used up a lot and bought fresh like milk, bread, fruit and salad, stuff that's been forgotten.

Mines usually between £50-£70 a week. I do an online order once a week and try and kee that below £50, however if I need toilet roll/washing liquid etc it can be a bit more. Then I usually spend another £10 on bread/fruit top ups, and the occasional bag if chops from chip shop if I'm being naughty!

I got a £2 delivery from Asda the other day was really happy! I've noticed they do cheaper delivery if people don't use thier slots, I always do it for the following day and sometimes I check and there's no slots, 4 hours later one appears and it's £2, bargain!!

I win! :D £65 for a family of seven, for absolutely everything and including online grocery delivery costs, my youngest doesn't eat anything but he still needs nappies and wipes. I shop around but have found that at the moment for what we buy, almost all vegan and the odd vegetarian but not vegan product for the kids, Sainsbury's is the cheapest and the best quality. For that amount we manage to get a few treats and quite a bit of nice fresh fruit and veg too. I draw the line at basics/value/smartprice tomatoes as they are pretty horrendous and I can make the £1/£1.10 bag of cherry tomatoes stretch much further. I also buy organic 'regular' bread as I think the normal non-organic bread is really not good for anyone; though on the occasions I get Asda I get the polish bread as it is sourdough and contains no nasties xx

we aim for £100 a month but it can sometimes be more and sometimes less.
Its just OH and I and we both are out all day, I can eat breakfast and lunch at work but usually only eat 1 meal there and provide the other myself. OH always gets a salad pot at work for £1 and brings either ham or a tin of tuna with him from home.
We buy all our meat from the butcher and all of our fruit and veg from the green grocer, if we want fish we get it from the fish monger.
some weeks we spend £20 some weeks £50. I suppose it would be fair to say that if we want something we get it, theres not a worry about sticking to a budget.

We spend under £40 a week I always buy things on offer. That doesn't include nappies or formula toddler milk which I always get at baby events. Xx

we spend between £45-£55 inc delivery for our food shop.

We meal plan and make a list. We don't go off the list, and that is every meal made from scratch and we have treats on there as well. x

Between the £50 and £70 a week. I am trying my hardest to cut back we need to reduce our out going drastically and the shopping is first on my list!! :)

I probably spend £150 a week, which includes nappies, wipes and baby milk. We go through millions of wipes! We tend not to eat out though and bring packed lunches to work so this covers all food for the week

We spend WAY too much on just my husband and me. Probably $100-150 on groceries alone per week. Between that and meals out, we usually spend 800-1000/month.

We spend around £25 a week on shopping but there is only me, OH and the dog.

Approx €100 p.w. here for me, DH & LO (in nappies) some weeks its higher if I need washing powder/dishwasher tabs/cleaning products/shampoo etc, I've been trying to reduce it lately but can't seem to.

Around £80-£90 a week and that feeds 5/6 of us. I am a really tight shopper though nearly everything we buy is value (except rice crispies NEVER buy the cheapest rice crispies :sick:). I make all our meals from scratch though and we eat meat so that does bump it up. I also have 2 teenagers who think bread and milk are self replenishing I would be quids in without them greedy bleeders :rofl:

If I am doing a big shop I spend £120 and that last for about just over two weeks if I do it weekly about £70/£80 and there's five of us.

For me, DH and DD we spend £40 a Fortnight and keep £5 for a fresh loaf and milk etc... We used to spend about £80 a week but i cut back a lot on brand stuff and now buy all all Everyday Essential stuff. Cut my bill by 50% xx

Loads

I shop roughly every 3 or 4 days as I like to have fresh fruit, meat & veg. I can spend anything between £75 & £125 each time

If I do an online I use sainsburys, if it's instore I either go to marks and spencer, morrisons or tesco. Not a huge asda fan, I go maybe one a month because iLife to nose at the clothes etc

There are 5 of us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"