how much do you spend a week on food shopping?

nic18

Reaction score
I vary every week but I go into the supermarket with not a clue where to start, go around picking anything up and by the time I know it I have spent £80 on shopping for the two of us!! I started writing a list before I went and it helped a little, but to be honest I don't know how much I should be spending.

How on earth do you spend £80! I spent no more than £40 at Tesco's for the 2 of us, and I live a primarily vegan lifestyle, OH eats meat etc. Have a look at https://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/ and you can check out how much your food would cost and sort things in price low to high etc.

Oh and create a list of everything you need! Otherwise you end up picking up crap you just want rather than could really do with.

we could easily gt a full weeks shop of fresh meat, fruits, veggies, snacks etc for 40 if I stuck to meal planning and lists. I don't though, and spend about £80. Ridiculous.

hshucksmith I have no idea how I spend 80!
will have a look at that website though thank you :)

natasha I am the exact same last week though I did write a list and was only 50 so I does help

We spend £30-£40 a week for just me and Bri, I think about meals we can have then shop that way so I don't end up buying unnecessary things.
I do all our shopping online on ASDA, so I buy all the pets things first, then cleaning, then meal things then see how much it's come to and if I think we can afford a bit more ill get a few munch bits that are on offer.

Shopping online shows how much your spending after clicking each item.. Plus it's easier to find cheaper items. It's also cheaper than paying taxi fares too!

That's how we do things.. Bit of an essay but hope it helps :haha: x

I spend £60 a week for me and two little ones, that includes all their snacks and packed lunch stuff for when I'm at work. I often stock up and buy things on offer so some weeks it could be less if I planned what I'd already got and didn't get drawn into offers all the time :lol:

i spend £30 a week for LO & myself.

£40 for me, OH and Ellis.

I've started pinning my last receipt on the fridge and crossing off stuff as I used them. Was shocked when I first started as I was only using 40%!!!

Write a meal plan and shopping list and stick to it. Go through your cupboards and freezer and write down whats there and see if you can meal plan from that. We also noticed a huge drop when we switched to Aldi and Lidl. The qualitiy is just as good, if not better. Farmfoods is great too, 2 loaves of Hovis is £1.50 where as the same offer in Tesco is £2.20. 2 x 4pints of milk is only £1.60, 1kg of marg is £1, Fairy 75p!

About £80 a week for 2 adults and two children. I shop online because I spend much more if I actually go into the supermarket!

I online shop at tesco and spend about £100 every 10 days. that for both of us including lunches for work, baby stuff (nappies n wipes) and dog food.

Between £60-£70 a week,thats for me,hubby,Harvey(4) and Erin(10 weeks)..that does include Erin's milk as well though.xx

About £60-£70 a week online at tesco or asda, and about £10-15 at the co op topping up milk bread fruit etc.
I do meal plan but also do buy extras, if we're skint or saving for something I can cut it to about £45 but we end up eating quite unhealthily to do that, lots of frozen stuff and not much fresh...
That's for 2 adults and 2 toddlers and includes nappies and wipes xx

£40 for me, OH and Ellis.

I've started pinning my last receipt on the fridge and crossing off stuff as I used them. Was shocked when I first started as I was only using 40%!!!

Write a meal plan and shopping list and stick to it. Go through your cupboards and freezer and write down whats there and see if you can meal plan from that. We also noticed a huge drop when we switched to Aldi and Lidl. The qualitiy is just as good, if not better. Farmfoods is great too, 2 loaves of Hovis is £1.50 where as the same offer in Tesco is £2.20. 2 x 4pints of milk is only £1.60, 1kg of marg is £1, Fairy 75p!

Pinning the receipt to the fridge is a really good idea!! :)

Seriously! I spent about £200 a week on 5 of us. Someone really should teach me how to shop! What am I doing wrong?

Seriously! I spent about £200 a week on 5 of us. Someone really should teach me how to shop! What am I doing wrong?

Are you doing man shopping by mistake?:haha: Go out with list,come home with cake :haha:

maybe $50. do you get weekly flyers over there? we get a weekly from all the shops nearby deliveredto our building. then we meal plan for the week based off the best deals. we buy stuff like pastas and rice at a bulk store as its much cheaper than the regular grocery

When we shopped in store we'd spent between £150-200. Which was insane every week so we started online shopping. Now I try to get it under £100 and normally succeed :). ( we shop with sainsburys )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->