How much do you spend on yourself?

Char&Bump-x

Me and her
Reaction score
It's just occurred to me that unless I run out of something or something breaks I never really buy anything for myself. Just got me wondering how often do you buy yourself luxuries, ie make up, clothes, shoes, anything else that takes your fancy.

I probably spend about £20 a month on myself if that! When I become self employed in the new year that's definitely changing :haha:

I give myself £20 per week however there is always something that this seems to go on like bday pressies or baby classes or chocolate etc so never really feels like im buying myself musch. Been 5 months since my last haircut and I tend to get new make up for my bday (june) and xmas so usually this lasts me quite a while.
Bday pressies are meant to come from another account but it never ends up that way
So technically £80pm but not sure how much of that I see.

I really dont feel this is enough!

I tend to go ages and buy nothing and then have a big splurge!

I buy makeup when I need it, so every couple of months.

Clothes every season generally, but I do spend more on my winter wardrobe. I spent £450 on myself last week at the trafford centre which is probably the biggest shopping trip I've had since becoming a mum four years ago nearly! But that was a treat really and most of it was birthday money! I doubt I'll buy anything of myself now until January with my Christmas money :)

I only buy stuff for myself when LO has everything she needs. Obviously her needs come first but I never ever feel guilty for spending money on myself. I'm not just a mummy, I like to feel like me as well.

I've bought myself a wintery wardrobe now but most of it was on sale or special offers (except boots and coat) so about £500 in all but that's everything including tights! I buy make up and toiletries when I need them and get perfume as gifts on birthdays and Christmas or when someone I know is going on holiday, I'll get it duty free. I spend money on threading/haircuts as well. Apart from that I don't spend much else on myself but don't really need anything else anyway.

I get £200 'allowance' per month from our income for me (that does include my phone bill for £37 but i chose a fancy expensive phone) and i spend varying amounts each month - spending quite a lot at the mo on mat clothes but sometimes will go a month without spending much.

DH and I do what we call pocket money lol, we each get £150 (but that does include direct debits like our phones so I get about £100 left over) I really segment our money so we have a joint for bills and food, ISA for house deposit savings, childcare keeping DS's nursery money separate (that's where his child benefit goes too) and then we have another savings account for more short term saving like Christmas. I then like to have left over money for treats in the month. By doing this everything is accounted for, DS gets everything he needs and days out etc but we can have some guilt free spending for ourselves too :) DH tends to save up his money but I spend it pretty quickly, although I am trying not to spend any this month so I can treat myself to UGG boots next month. This works well for us because it means we do get to treat ourselves, but not question the other's spending but ensure we're still saving too. We will probably up our allowance as the years go on but obviously DS and savings have to be accounted for first :)

I have 60 euros a week for spending money, but I usually use most of it to grab a couple of things from the grocery store and go out once a week for a girls lunch and coffee. Now that I'm pregnant I don't really buy any clothes other than the maternity stuff I got, but if I need something like a makeup item that's finished, perfume etc I get it since it's stuff I use all the time and is my only "luxury" at the moment.

I used to spend tons on expensive handbags and boots, but after getting pregnant I really don't care anymore and would rather spend the money on baby things or stuff for the house

My husband and I are on a pretty strict budget on our way to get out of debt, but we have a combined $100 a month fun money to eat out, get treats like candy, movies etc... I also babysit on the side and we put that towards the bills and debt (I want to) and I keep myself maybe $5-$10 a week from that. It'll buy one starbucks drink lol....

I'm on a very tight budget right now. Make up I buy as and when I need it, but luckily I stocked up when I was working and it was on 3 for 2 so I won't need any for a while! Clothes I tend to treat myself at birthdays and Christmas spending that money on it. Rarely do I treat myself randomly. When I find a job and my finances are ok again I might buy some new shoes, I'm living in £3 plimsolls from primark so need new ones!

I allow myself 60 euros a week for poker (drinks plus playing money) but I usually end up with at least half of that left.
For clothes I'll buy things that I need (if on sale) otherwise if I want something then I ask OH to buy it for me.

I'm not a mum yet but still plan to spend money on myself. I buy in the sales and always have done. I might spend £500 odd but I will get some bargains with it and i'm not the type to buy things if I don't need it. Haircut/foils every alternating six weeks and nails every 2/3 weeks and buy what I need when I need it. I don't have an allowance. We pay for what we need and then what is left over is split.

I go to London on my own for the weekend every fortnight and buy myself like 2-3 new items of clothing a month on average. So too much probably :haha:

Never give myself a budget but probably like Lou buy 2-3 items per month but make sure they're nice quality ect. If I see something that I like if the kids have everything which they normally do and more then ill buy it.

Xx

Um, hardly ever. Apart from the vans I bought a couple of weeks ago, the last things I bought myself were a couple of tops to go away with and that was at the beginning of June!

Pre baby, I'd spend about £150 a week on myself, on clothes, shoes, make up, hairdresser etc. Now I might spend £100 a month max. This thread has made me realise I'd like to spend more but I feel bad about it, like it's wasting money :wacko:

nothing. last time i got myself something was back in July with my birthday money..
cant afford any 'treats' etc at all.. unless my phone contract counts? £20 a month xx

I actually have no clue how much I spend on myself. I buy things as and when I see/need something. I'm am quite aware of not spending a fortune tho, because I like to save :)

DH and I started a budget right after we got married (a year ago June) to get out of debt and we budget for everything. DH and I each get $100 of fun money each month. If I need clothes then we budget for it. I'm not a fan of shopping, so if I tell DH I need cloths...he knows I NEED cloths. lol We have since got out of debt (yay!) and continue with the budget. I'm a saver so I have almost $300 saved up right now plus I just spent my October fun money for a hotel room for a girls trip. All my needs are met, but it kinda drives me nuts I can't seem to find things to treat myself. I've also been watching what I eat (no carbs or sugar), so that cuts out on the splurging. :/

I have no clue how much I spend on myself. When I find something I like, I buy it. I go for months without buying a thing, but when I'm in a mood for shopping I spend loads. But I treat myself with books, massages, ornaments, accessories for the house, etc. I also buy online courses, I attend seminars from time to time. Those things are more important to me than clothes, makeup & so on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->