how much does your 6 year old sleep?

missy123

Reaction score
my son would sleep on 4 hours if he could,he trys to stay awake as late as possible but still manages to get up at 7am(sometimes 6am)even on weekends,he has around 8 hours sleep,is that enough?he is very active also :)

I have a 5 and 7yr old...when my 7yr old was 6 his sleeping was the same as it is now. They are both VERY active too. They sleep around 10-12hrs a night, and if we are in the car my 5yr old pretty much always naps and the 7yr old does a lot of the time, if they fall asleep they'll sleep about an hour in the car. If I can get my 5yr old to nap at home during the day he'll sleep 2-3hrs.

My 6 year old son sleeps for about 12 hours a night, he likes his sleep! He very rarely naps though, and is very active with football club, rugby club, swimming lessons, beavers etc!
Put it this way, I sleep 12 hours a night after ferrying him around all week as well!

My almost 6 year old gets about 10 hours. She's always been very active and never napped after about 8 months old. I think she needs more sleep than she gets, but I can't get her to take more.

My son is nearly 6. He gave up napping at age 2. He falls asleep around 11:00pm and wakes up around 7:00am.

My son is nearly 6. He gave up napping at age 2. He falls asleep around 11:00pm and wakes up around 7:00am.

thats like mine! although he went up lastnight at 9.20 and went straight to sleep and got up at 8am so for him thats alot of sleep,im delighted!

bloody hell! When I go to sleep at 11 and get up at 7 i'm knackered!

My son is 6 in August. He goes to bed 7/8 and gets up 8/9 on weekends and 7am on school days ( I wake him)

On a school night Aimee goes to bed at 7.30pm and sleeps until about 7.00am, on a weekend she is in bed by 8.00pm and sleeps through until about 7.00am or 7.30am.

My soon to be 6 year old has always slept minimum hours..He can stay up until 11 on weekends and still be up at 7 wide awake in his room(or atleast when the son comes up). He doesn't like taking naps either, I sometimes make him b/c I think he may need the sleep. but my youngest son is just the opposite, he can sleep sleep sleep..I think all kids are different

My son is 7. He goes to bed at 8:30p and gets up between 6:30 and 7:30 everyday. He also doesn't take naps. My son had night terrors when he was a baby/ toddler so he has also gone to bed around the same time. Now he sleep walks, never a dull moment here.

My 6 year old can sleep up to 12 hours a night; but sometimes he only has about 8 hours; it really depends. One thing I have realised is whatever time he goes to sleep he will always be up at 7 or 8am without fail....

Sounds like my 7 year old son whom I call a nightowl. Even as a baby he would be up until midnight and have 5 minute powernaps in the day.

My daughter is 5 and she sleeps for about 10 hours a night.
She goes to bed at roughly 8pm and wake up around 6-7am!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->