How much does your child's father give per month?

Joyzerelly

Mama to two darlings
Reaction score
My toddler's Dadda gives me £200-£250 per month depending on how much he's used my car. (He tends to use my car when he takes LO to visit Grandma on Saturday and Sunday as his ERF seat is in there). This is a sum we agreed between us rather than through a court and absolutely everything for LO comes out of this (and also everything for our coming baby too).

How much does your ex give you for your LO in total? Was this an amicably arranged sum or is it through the CSA? Should I expect more for our coming baby or would this be greedy?
Thanks

Nothing he doesn't give me a cent even though he is supposed to split the costs of the girls 50/50 I have yet to get a penny

I get £100 a month. I didn't ask for it, his mum mentioned he should be paying and he suggested £100. I didn't really care, if it was my choice i wouldn't have any of his money i would rather survive on my own. That's just me :) x

i get nothing off fob either! And he has her overnight twice a week x

i got nothing from my son's father for first 4years and 9months of his life, i now get less than £20 per month now.

i think what your getting sounds like a good amount how much money do you put towards baby? i think its personal but i doubt CSA could give you more than that if you even got that and remember they take a cut

I get nothing from the dad of my 2 babies, and the father of the older 3 doesn't give me money as such, but he comes to do the weekly shopping with me to help out with juggling the 2 babies (even though they have a different dad) in the supermarket, and will usually pay a little towards my shopping to help out. And when I take the kids out on day trips he will come along too and again help out with entrance fees and buying lunch etc! It works for us!

I don't like to say what it is I get as this part of the forum is open but we got an agreement drawn up through CSA

He didn't give anything in the first 9 or 10 months but has done ever since. Everything goes to the LO really. I buy food, washable nappies and clothes and toys with it. I don't work as often as I'd like as it would be more expensive once child care was factored in. So we scrape by on what he gives us, I'm doing the hard work by raising our child (and not doing a bad job if I say so myself). I do night shifts here and there but only when my parents can take care of him. X

Nothing, he says he has money but it is the magic kind... the kind that is only legal tender in the made up world of his imagination.

not a bean...what i could claim is pathetic anyway something like £7 a week dont want be stirring anything up with FOB for that!

I have an argreement with FOB which has been approved by solicitors and court that he will pay 20% of his annual income.

I believe the CSA will take 15% of his income for one child, and 25% for 2 children. So i guess the money you are receiving now depends on what your FOB earns and whether you would be entitled to more through the CSA. Worth investigating more i would think. I have no problem taking money of FOB, its his child too, he should pay his way.

Hope that helps.

Nothing, but we share custody and he has her 3 nights a week. I often feel like I should give him something! But he refuses to take anything. I do give him money on the odd occasion so he can buy her some new clothes etc rather than me choosing them all.

Nothing. I've been giving him money (well doing his food shopping for him and paying for it) but that can't continue as I can't afford it.

Nothing. I've been giving him money (well doing his food shopping for him and paying for it) but that can't continue as I can't afford it.

does he have the baby more than you? understand not being able to afford it even with me and OH we wouldn't be able to afford 2 weekly shoppings.

does he have the baby more than you? understand not being able to afford it even with me and OH we wouldn't be able to afford 2 weekly shoppings.

We haven't set up an agreement yet but he has had her for the last two weeks while I've been ill so I obviously haven't minded paying for her food and nappies for that time but I have a feeling that he expects me to continue paying (he's up shit creek with his finances)

I have an argreement with FOB which has been approved by solicitors and court that he will pay 20% of his annual income.

I believe the CSA will take 15% of his income for one child, and 25% for 2 children. So i guess the money you are receiving now depends on what your FOB earns and whether you would be entitled to more through the CSA. Worth investigating more i would think. I have no problem taking money of FOB, its his child too, he should pay his way.

Hope that helps.

Nope. CSA take 20% for two children.

yeah i am the same whoever has james if i am ill in hospital etc i mostly give them the money i would spend on him on a weekly basis or i would give them weekly shop and such when he was little and in nappies used to send nappies and wipes with him. not sure i will be sending new baby away until she's a bit older as will be breastfeeding only.

Yeah seems only fair in those circumstances but dunno what will be fair when I'm the main carer again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->