How much does your LO Cry?

LeannieB

Toby and Sam xx
Reaction score
Hi I was just wondering on average how much your LO Cries? Do u sometimes get embarrased when your out and they start to cry? I do and then I panic. This is our first baby and my OH always says how good he is and that I should have a naughty baby for the week and then i would appreciate how good he is. I really struggle with getting him to nap in the day and he will fight it until he is mega overtired and then he will really go for it!! Then I get stressed out and then I feel guilty for getting cross. U dont realise how selfish your are until u have a baby!!!

On average how much does your LO Cry? Not much atall. When she is tried, in pain, or hungry.

Do u sometimes get embarrased when your out and they start to cry? Never, she is a baby that's what they do. People think it's cute to be honest!

You getting frustrated probably isn't helping. I used to too. Now I just look at it like, they have to sleep eventually. If your LO is crying and you don't know what's wrong just hug them and let them know you're not going to let go! Let them cry in your arms and hold them so, so tight! I hate it when Caitlyn cries, I feel terrible. Especially when she cries and is angry because she's in pain. It breaks my heart but there is nothing I can do other than try to help then hug her tight and rock her to sleep.

I know I dont mean to get embarrased but I just panic!! I guess im just that kinda person. Its when your out and people stare if they start to cry I hate that.

Well, ignore everyone around you and focus on your LO. I was embarrased and worried at first too but it has gotten better. So has she actually, she hardly ever cries when we're out now. She used to be a nightmare

It doesn't make you a bad person for feeling like that! I get embarrassed if we are out and about and Hannah starts screaming and we can't get her to calm down. I've left stores and restaurants for that reason! But in general I'm not a person who likes to be stared at so to be stared at because I have a crying baby doesn't make me feel good! And I'm not sure how old your LO is but like Toria said it does get better as they get older :)

Ditto to what Vickie said!

Luckily while out shopping Jasmine will only wake up and start crying if she is really ovedue for a feeding.

Everyone gets upset and frustrated sometimes, there is nothing wrong with feeling that way. Its perfectly normal, being a mother and being with a baby that just cries, poops and eats 24 hours a day is trying mentally and physically.

People seem to think that motherhood is all happiness and delight. It aint lol!

But we still love our babies and always will... No worries.

I dont know how old your LO is, but very young ones should be sleeping at least 18 hours a day (or so they say). If your finding him to be cranky and over tired, maybe a couple naps will do better? Jasmine usuaully wake up early, 7am about, and is awake a bit, sleeps alot in the afternoon and then wakes in the evening a bit...

Plus she is awake about 1/2 hour every feed at least.

He is now 12 weeks old. I really try to get him to nap in the day but sometimes its hardwork. He is fine at bedtime and we have started to put him to bed earlier now. I find it harder now he is older as they dont wanna sleep all the time I guess they are just nosey!!! I meet up with one of my friends in the week and her LO is the same age as Toby and she still sleeps the whole time!!! Thanks Toria made me feel not so bad. Sometimes its just nice to talk to people who are not around you if u know what I mean. Thanks a lot

yep your LO will be getting more social and discovering more of the world at that age--making it much harder to get him to nap during the day! With Hannah we have to catch her tired signs early or we can't get her down without a scream-fest :rofl: And it's only in the last couple of weeks that I've been able to actually put her in her crib for naps (she's 4 months old), up until than I had to hold her.

Aslo, when they get abit bigger they're easier to distract

Yeah I have to hold Toby too then he falls asleep on me eventually. I think im going to have to try putting him in his moses basket in the day and see if that helps or not. He is ok if we are out in car etc as he will go to sleep its usually just if we are indoors and they weather been so rubbish lately that been inside quite a bit.

I agree with Toria I just let him fight and scream until he falls asleep lol I used to feel so bad pankicing all the time , trying diff dummies and what now i just let him be ..

When im out if he cries there usually a reason as soon as i find it hes good ..

We tried with Hannah at 3 months and it was a no go she would not go down in her crib. Tried again 2 weeks later--no problems! We do have to hold her until she's very sleepy (almost asleep) than put her in the crib. She only sleeps 30-45 minutes at a time but takes several naps throughout the day.

Well im going to definately try putting him in his moses basket and see what happens. I guess I am just going to have to keep trying and deal with any tantrums if they happen. I have recently changed his pram around so he is now facing away from me which he seems to like more than laying flat as he can see more. And like Toria said as he gets bigger he will be easier to distract.

I understand exactly how you feel.
I feel awful sometimes when I'm out and about especially if I'm with friends with their babies when Grace cries.
I feel like people are looking and thinking that she must be hard work or just a moany baby but shes really not. She's getting easier to understand now and as Toria said, I can distract her much easier now (I always pack her fav toy for trips out)

I'm trying to block out the opinions of other people but when you're slightly vulnerable after having a baby I know it can be tricky xx xx

Lola hardly ever cries,when she's hungry or something's wrong she mostly just whinges.

Don't worry,I'm a person that gets really embarrassed when I get some kind of negative attention,I'd be red and running if she'd start crying somewhere in a restaurant or a store. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->