How much does your OH's opinion matter?

Its never really come up, he doesent like to much fakeness ie a lot of make up and false tan but then I never wear much make up and dont do fake tan as it would look stupid on me anyway. He will mention things in shop he things would look nice on me and he will be honest in shop if he doesn't think looks right. I would take into account but we have similar tastes

He always likes what I wear so I don't really know, but I guess if he hated something it'd make me wonder if I looked stupid. I won't wear something or change my hair or makeup just because he likes it though, I'm very particular about my clothes and style.

I'm not sure about how much he influences what I do. I guess he doesn't at all? He never asks me to do or not do anything in particular and all of my choices in my work and social life are my own unless it directly involves him. Obviously we compromise on holidays and going out and stuff.

We don't really clash opinion wise though, so it's a hard question. I'm not sure how much I'd listen if, say, he didn't like my career.

One thing that does bother me though is that he always says the best I've ever looked is when he first met me. I was at uni and wearing an Ann Summers leopard chemise thingy with ears and my hair was all big and I was in the middle of an ED and weighed nothing and to be honest it kind of hurts that that's his ideal me! Not gonna start dressing like that again though so he just has to deal with it!

My DH is so laid back he's horizontal, but he jokes that I'm preppy and that I look like one of my arty students at the uni I work at because I wear Ray Ban wayfarer prescription glasses and vans canvas shoes, no idea if it's an insult but he teases me about it lol.

And he laughs at me no end at the fact I take my time picking out my gym outfit and like it to all match....

Unless it shows my boobs off he doesn't usually comment either way, and if it shows my boobs it's usually a happy comment!! (Unless I'm going out without him in which case he might have a sarcastic response about a fancy man :haha:)

But I do my own thing, if he did have an genuine opinion I would factor it in, tbh it's more the other way around.....!

My DH is so laid back he's horizontal, but he jokes that I'm preppy and that I look like one of my arty students at the uni I work at because I wear Ray Ban wayfarer prescription glasses and vans canvas shoes, no idea if it's an insult but he teases me about it lol.

And he laughs at me no end at the fact I take my time picking out my gym outfit and like it to all match....

Unless it shows my boobs off he doesn't usually comment either way, and if it shows my boobs it's usually a happy comment!! (Unless I'm going out without him in which case he might have a sarcastic response about a fancy man :haha:)

But I do my own thing, if he did have an genuine opinion I would factor it in, tbh it's more the other way around.....!

sounds like my oh tbh!

My OH is very opinionated haha. Apparently he hates long, straight hair. Mines poker straight naturally, and almost waist length. I refuse to cut it though cos I love it. He also says he wishes it was more bleach blonde, but I'm happy with the colour it is now.
He absolutely hates the clothes I used to wear on a night out, he considers them too revealing. I do see his point, but at the same time, I've worked hard for my body and want to show it off! He also hates that in the winter more often than not I'll wear jeans, uggs and a hoody. I hate being cold! I've started making more effort with clothes, and being a bit more girly, I'd even painted my fingernails!
He'd love me to get a tattoo, but it's very, very unlikely!
He does tell me I'm beautiful every day, even now when I look like poop! He loves that I fake tan. He takes my opinion into account too, he knows that I like his hair in the hipster style, and that I find his beard very sexy, so he keeps it :)

I take my OHs opinions into account and I will pick outfits and the likes based on what I know he finds attractive. However ultimately I will do what I'm happiest with.

It definitely matters to me. I just know when he doesn't like something just by his face.

it matters to me too, I wouldn't wear something he didn't think I looked nice in. but at the same time I wouldn't wear something I didn't like or feel comfortable in just because he liked it/wanted me to. I just feel so attractive when I know he's attracted to me, it makes me feel confident :)

as for everything else, it depends. his opinion doesn't matter to me when it comes to my friends - I don't care if he doesn't like someone, it doesn't affect whether I like them or not. he's not as outgoing as me and tends to see the bad side of people whereas I'm the opposite so my other relationships can sometimes be something we clash on. also I don't care about his opinion on what music I listen to :lol:

with career etc we agree thankfully, I think his opinion really matters there because I rely on him for practical and emotional support with work, uni etc so it's good that we are on the same page with that :)

We don't really care about eachothers looks anymore lol we dont really change styles though these days. I have a jumper he hates though aa he says it reminds him of chain mail :/

oh likes long hair, i dont care either way, so i keep it long.

It matters to me. When he tells me he especially likes an outfit I'll wear that one or something similar more often. I know he would like my hair blonde so contemplating giving it a go! I ask him how I look, if I have too much make up on, if something is too tight/small/whatever and he always tells me honestly and I don't get offended since I asked!

He doesn't ask my opinion but I tell him anyway and he gets offended. I'm younger and cooler than him though :rofl: so he listens to me. I always tell him when I like his hair or outift and try to be tactful when I don't

Not much lol. I do what I want parenting and otherwise. I do listen but I always do what I want anyway and I always win haha x

It certainly matters to me, but not too much but it depends what he's saying and what subject we're talking about. :O

My OH will roll his nose at some of my clothes. Im not offended at all. I know he loves me not my outfit and he knows what I look like underneath lol so couldn't care less. He wouldn't change things I liked even if he is like errr. I dont like some of his clothes, but it is just clothes. Same goes for other stuff for me, from music to tv and othrr intrests.

I take his opinion into consideration but it's ultimately my decision. The problem is that sometimes he's not always tactful about voicing his thoughts so I'll dismiss it out of hand at first then think it over for myself and sometimes end up agreeing.

For example: a couple of months ago, I made an appointment for a haircut and he said I should get it colored as well, stating that my hair "looks like shitty tie-dye". Ouch. So, I said No, I don't care, I just want it cut. Thought about and realized that due to an at-home coloring growing out/fading, he was actually right. Of course, the appointment was made and I couldn't switch it to a cut and color, so my hair still looks like that. Can't afford it, anyway.

As much as I have my own mind, my husband is still my husband and it does make me feel extra good if he genuinely says I look nice.

Another good question would be "How much does your opinion mean to your OH?". For me, not much! :laugh2:

Well, I no longer dye my hair......

He is not demanding but I know what he prefers so I lean that way.

My OH doesn't seem to care / mind what I wear. But I do ask his opinions on things and will ask what he thinks if I'm planning a new hair do for example :)

It's a nice change as my ex used to all but demand what I wore and would happily tell me how disgusting I looked if I chose an outfit myself :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->