how much ebm at 6 months?

N

numb3rthree

My son is 6 months old and feeding 5-6 times. per day plus hsving 3 meals per day.. i left him 24 hours to go on my hen night and when i came home oh said most he drank per feed was 4oz! He then slept 9 hours straight that night!

He was drinkimg 4oz bottles the last time i left him 2 months ago!

Is this enough?

1 month olds- 6 month olds usually take 19-30 oz per day. Once they start solids they drink even less milk so I'd say he's doing just fine by those standards. My one month old is bottle fed breast milk and consumes an avg of 24 oz a day, if she goes 2 hours between feeds she takes 2 oz, 4 hours she takes 4 oz, but anything more than 4 comes back up.

My LO rarely takes more than 4 oz and has been at that amount since about 2 months old. Now she loves solid foods so much I'm considering reducing the amount of milk in the bottles since she mostly takes 2-3oz bottles.

My LO rarely takes more than 4 oz and has been at that amount since about 2 months old. Now she loves solid foods so much I'm considering reducing the amount of milk in the bottles since she mostly takes 2-3oz bottles.

OT but Cheese Lover, where did you get your "donate your extra milk" sparkly signature thingy? :flower:

OT but Cheese Lover, where did you get your "donate your extra milk" sparkly signature thingy? :flower:

I stole it from someone else's signature :haha: I right clicked on it and copied the file path and then added it to my signature between

it should work if you just paste:
*https://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m220/benandgeorgialee/Breastfeeding%20Milestone%20Blinkies/donate-milk.gif
into your signature (without the * after

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"