how much food is too much?

wemustntpanic

Reaction score
My lo is 7 1/2 months and a good eater but my dh keeps going on at me that I feed him too much :wacko:

So what do you think he has 5 x 9oz bottles a day which he usually finishes 3/4 of.

He also has apple and pear porridge for breakfast about 6 oz.

Then for lunch maybe cauliflower and broccoli cheese around 5 oz and a yoghurt.

Dinner would be beef casserole or something with meat and lots of beg and will be around 6 oz.

Too much? Also while I'm here ;-) do you think I should drop a bottle or two and replace with snacks? He loves his solid foods so don't think he'd mind lol

If he's happily eating and it's all healthy stuff like that, I would think it's fine? If he's hungry he should eat surely? I think at his age you can drops bottle or two for snacks if you wish but don't need to yet. Do you give water with meals or does he have milk as a drink as well? If you're really worried about it maybe ask your health visitor but I'd think as long as you're not forcing food on him you probably can't overfeed him with good stuff.

If he's happily eating and it's all healthy stuff like that, I would think it's fine? If he's hungry he should eat surely? I think at his age you can drops bottle or two for snacks if you wish but don't need to yet. Do you give water with meals or does he have milk as a drink as well? If you're really worried about it maybe ask your health visitor but I'd think as long as you're not forcing food on him you probably can't overfeed him with good stuff.

thanks, yes I do give water as well. He doesn't drink too much of that though, he prefers to shake it all over and play with the dribbles :haha:

I did speak with the hv a little while ago and her response was similar to yours. She said keep going until he refuses but he has literally never refused! He always finishes the lot and would take more if I gave it...

My lo eats well too. I always trust him. He eats healthily and we never give him junk so I'm not worried. If you think about how active they are they prob need that amount of food! We replaced bottles for snacks at around ten to 11 mths. Go on what your baby wants x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->