1-2yrs - Whole Milk - 16-24 oz./day

Max is 9 months and drinks

10 onz of formula
and 16 onz cows milk

3-4 9oz bottles is what mine were on at that age
but they were also on 2-3 meals a day

lilly was on 2 9oz bottle a day 1 morning 1 for bed plus her breakfast,

now she has 2 of cows milk.

ciarans 9 months and is on 4 9 oz bottles .. should i reduce his :S can i start him with cows milk :S i soo didnt know :shock:

Caitlyn has 3 meals a day, and snacks. She breastfeeds 4-5 times now. I'm not sure how much formula I should be moving her on to. I don't want to over-feed her, nor starve her. I guess I will follow her lead, just didn't want to go to either extremes.

Thank you girls!

KimxNxBeggsy - I would follow his lead. I think in the UK cows milk is introduced at 11 months slowly, untill 12 months when they have it all the time.

:o omg i struggle to get 16oz down Riley i no hes nearly 11 months so bit of a difference but he just point blank refuses yesterday he had only 6 oz he refused to drink anymore

a dont think it matters to a certain extent say give a few oz or so but i got told riley was supposed to be drinking 20ozish still a day but theres no way he will drink that

Does it really matter if they don't drink the recommended? :blush:

i dont think so im not worried about lilly, she sometimes doesnt want her milk in a morning so she has milkshake in stead, ya no the crusha stuff?

my SIL changed her little girls milk at 11 month cause she wouldnt have formula any more, and she wouldnt entertain cows milk either, she'll only eat it on her breakfast the HV said it was fine just replace it with other dairy like cheese,yogouts ect i would just follow her lead, xxx

i was at the HV's today and she sed that they recommened about a pint a day which is approx 21oz but that includes cows milk if u give that with her breakfast.

josh has 1 50z and 2 7oz and cows milk with his breakfast.
hope that helps.

Katie has 3 x 7oz bottles a day - the health visitor said by 9 months I should cut it down to 2 x7oz or 8oz a day. However, some things I read still say 3 bottles a day so not sure what to do.

I doubt it... Jasmine drinks way less then the recommended amount for her age... We make a jug with 770mlsa day and alot of it goes to waste.

I doubt it... Jasmine drinks way less then the recommended amount for her age... We make a jug with 770mlsa day and alot of it goes to waste.

yep ella is the same she hardly drinks her milk anymore , just has half a bottle and thats it ( at every feeding)!

Not a big food eater iether she just not intrested!

like others have said I think they're just meant to have 500mls but then if they're having yoghurt it might be okay to have a bit less...?

Ally only has 480mls max of formula but then we try to give him yoghurt and whole milk in his porridge.

I think if she's used to having more feeds, she might want to drink more often but not as much as other LOs do maybe. I guess you'll find out soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->