how much formula does your 7m old have?

liz1985

Reaction score
Dd does not seem to want as much formula now and im unsure whether to cut down on solids or cut down on formula. I know when you begin weaning they should still be having 20oz of formula a day but when is it ok to let them drop it? Ds didnt drop to below 20oz till after 9m so didnt have this problem. Id class dd as fully weaned now weve mostly done blw and she eats 3 meals a day. She was having 3 5oz bottles and one 6oz bottle but she was hardly drinking any so a changed it to 3 7oz bottles which worked for a few days but now she normally leaves 1-3 oz per bottle.

7am- formula 7oz

830-breakfast usually 1 weetabix. Sometimes fruit and yogurt or pancakes and fruit

12-lunch. Some kind of bread with topping. Fruit, maybe some organix or cheese peices

1-bottle 7oz

530- tea. Whatever we have

7- bottle 7oz.

We were giving milk first when she was having 4 bottles but doesnt work with 3 bottles, except maybe I could switch lunch and bottle around. She wasn't wanting milk when it was offered first anyway. Anyway after all the waffling if I let her cut her milk I think she'd be having 15-18oz a day. Is this ok? Sorry for long post.

My 7 month old has 3 6oz bottles throughout the day but often leaves anywhere between 1-3 oz's in each bottle. At bedtime he has about 3-4oz's before falling asleep but is awake at least once a night for a 6oz bottle.

Have you tried sneaking milk into meals where possible? We've done tw so it might be different but most meals I can add in extra bits of formula if he needs it

Thanks. I use cows milk in cooking. Dd is on high centile for weight and hv told me not to add formula to cooking as she doesnt need any extra caleries lol.

Up until today DS was getting one very brief BF, then 3 x 7oz bottles although only usually drinks 5oz so 15oz a day. Today he had 4 x 5oz, I'm stopping BF tomorrow, I'm really hoping he will continue to drink 4 bottles of 5oz, he doesn't even guzzle down his solids.

My 7mo is on three meals a day and takes 1-2 oz of formula 6 times a day as well x

At 7 months, we were only on 2 meals a day (doing BLW so all finger food she fed herself) and probably 5 bottles a day of varying amounts but probably roughly 5-6 oz. At her age, I would continue to offer milk first and then solids. If she doesn't take it, then it's fine. But I would still continue to offer it first for a least another month or two. Otherwise, as long as what you're feeding her (in terms of solids) is healthy, I wouldn't worry about it too much. She knows what she needs. If she drops below about 500 ml of formula a day consistently (over several weeks), I would consider offering a vitamin supplement to make sure she's getting enough iron and vitamin D.

Mine has 3x6oz bottles, I also make sure she some dairy everyday like natural yoghurt.

She only has one daytime bottle mid afternoon but has started to need a snack with that as well

My lo has 3 x 6oz bottles and 1 x 7oz (at bedtime). He usually takes all of his 1st and last bottles but sometimes only takes 4oz of the other 2. We're doing a mix of blw and tw and he has 3 meals a day, porridge or half a weetabix for breakfast (with 2 or 3 oz of cows milk), finger foods for lunch then mashed potatoes and veg for tea. I'm thinking i'm giving him too much milk though, so maybe should try and drop a bottle? It's all so confusing!

My lil guy has
7am 10oz bottle
9am ready brek with fruit purée
10am 5oz
12pm dinner fish/chicken/mince with veg
2pm 5oz bottle
3pm fruit
5pm 5oz bottles
7pm fruit and bedtime cereal.

He never stops. He's average size and weight. And my god if your late with his food or bottle he will let you know.
He was EBF for 7weeks he gained weight in the hospital coming home he was stuck on my boob no jokes for two weeks solid. The health nurse saw him after a week I'm 5'1 he was 8'1 at birth and that day he weighed in at 8'7 she asked was I the mother. My friends Little girl eats like your little girl and she allot rounder than my guy. Their all different. I think it's so crazy and cool.

My LO has 3x 8oz but the last week or so has been leaving an oz or more so dropping him down to 7oz tomorrow he has 3 'meals' a day

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->