How much longer!?!

Blondey2012

Reaction score
Morning lovelies :)

So for the past week or so i've been getting on and off period pains in the back, occasionally coming round the front. Nothing really to shout about.

At last appointment (7 days ago) baby was 3/5 engaged, I know this doesnt mean a lot really as it can still be ages until labor, but her bum has been lying under my ribs for ages, so much so you can see the outline of her bum pushed up, this morning, no bum!

Night before last I was up 6 times in the night for a wee and usually only get up once, last night I was up once at about 5.30am and then I woke up at 6.50am to a trickling coming out of me, i'm pretty sure it wasn't wee and was even a bit discahrgy if that makes sense?

I dont think i've lost my plug, have had the odd day over the last couple of weeks were there has been snotty discharge but not in massive clumps or a bloody show.

Oh and my due date is between 30th May and 2nd June making me either 38 weeks or 37 + 4 (sonographer wrote down wrong date in my notes and wouldnt change it!!)

Sorry for the ramble, just trying to get everything I can remember into the post!

Blondey

I could have written this and will be stalking...

As far as the plug goes that sounds like it doesn't matter unless its bloody coz I lost a few big chunks at 20 weeks and unless there's blood and its like a show it just regenerates itself...

I've had all those symptoms in the last 24-48 hours ... Tbh tho I think it means very little... I've read women going weeks with this stuff :(

Fingers xed something happens tho

I've had this for the last week or so. And it meant baby had gone down and is fully engaged. I'm 3cm dilated as well,had a sweep on Tuesday and nothing happened apart from contractions randomly during the day. I'm being induced tomorrow though :)

Its my mums birthday today and I always said she would could on her birthday.... maybe its wishful thinking on my part!

Try going for a long walk or bounce on a birthing ball. That got me dilated

I dont have a birthing ball. Should have got one ages ago because everywhere seems to have sold out! Any other ideas? I really struggle with walking any distance at the moment.

I've heard walking up the stairs sideways (not a joke) or squatting can help. But a birthing ball is the most gentle. I just got a fitness ball at tesco for like £6 and it did the trick :)

Ooo I wonder if argos has one in.... will check it out when I nip to town :) Really want to get her going! Thanks hun

Yeah just get a fitness ball. Works the same and loads cheaper. I also took evening primrose tablets orally. Think they really helped in softening my cervix. Good luck hun!

Managed a 40 minute walk today and baby felt much lower and almost like she was going to fall out... not had that feeling before!

Morning!

Ok so last night I went to bed with major back ache. I woke at 5.30am and my pj bottoms were soaking wet! I mean dripping wet. It didnt smell and I went straight to the bathroom.

I then lay awake for 2 hours with back ache on and off but nothing round my tummy. Baby was really active though and she is never active in the morning.

I have since then got out of bed and had some toast and the back ache has subsided a little. I don't know if this was just extra discharge or if it was my waters leaking.

Will see how I get on today.... have a cake order to finish and deliver, a 2000 word essay to write and my dress and a baby blanket that both needs stitching! Oh and I'm meeting my mum in 3 hours!

Morning!

Ok so last night I went to bed with major back ache. I woke at 5.30am and my pj bottoms were soaking wet! I mean dripping wet. It didnt smell and I went straight to the bathroom.

I then lay awake for 2 hours with back ache on and off but nothing round my tummy. Baby was really active though and she is never active in the morning.

I have since then got out of bed and had some toast and the back ache has subsided a little. I don't know if this was just extra discharge or if it was my waters leaking.

Will see how I get on today.... have a cake order to finish and deliver, a 2000 word essay to write and my dress and a baby blanket that both needs stitching! Oh and I'm meeting my mum in 3 hours!

Good luck!

Sounds like your body is preparing for her arrival, no joke about the side stepping up stairs, it worked wonders for me and that night I lost my plug fully. Squatting with little bounces is a good one too :) Good luck x

The contractions are coming thick and fast..... all day i had period type pains, getting worse and worse through the day. For the past 4 hours the pains are unbearable, i can hardly speak through them and now i have the "do i need to poop" feeling!! Hospital bag is ready at the end of the bed and im going to try a couple of hours sleep!

Well ladies a quick update....

That was it!

My gorgeous baby girl was born at 9.58am 18th May 2013 weighing 7lb 13oz. She is just stunning!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->