How much milk at nearly 7 months? Waking twice a night after sleeping through...

Samemka

Mummy of 2 girlies
Reaction score
For the past week I'd say, Emma has started waking at 10.30-10.45pm & then 2.30-2.45am. This is after she was sleeping through (6.30pm to at least 6am). However...she's getting her first tooth through and has a cold, so I'm not sure if this is why, but just find it funny that it's the same time each night and if we give her a bottle which is sometimes the only option, she'll drink most of it (leave 2-3oz, but she does this will all of her bottles since we've switched over to follow on milk...could just be coincidence though..)

At 10.30ish she'd take a bottle, and we had been just changing her & putting her back to bed at 2.30ish but now she just cries & cries so last night we had to give her a bottle.

She won't take a dummy, never has, it just seems to annoy her more.

I'm wondering if this is because she's not getting enough milk in the day. She's having a bottle at 7.30, 3pm, and 6pm, and although they are 7oz bottles I'd say she's leaving 2-3oz in each bottle, so she's probably only having around 15oz in the day.

She's almost 7 months.

Food wise she has porridge in the morning, at lunch she'll have some homemade puree (veg) with 1/2 jar of fruit puree (same amount of veg really) & then for dinner, homemade puree again, this time with either cheese, fish or meat, and then 1/2 jar of fruit puree.

I'm not quite sure what to do, HV helpfully said 'it's one of those things' which yes, it is, but I'd like to see if there's anything I can do to stop it!

Tonight I gave her some toast before her tea which went down well so think that's 1 way of upping her solids because she won't eat anymore at meal times of puree...she just turns away & gets upset.

Any advice much appreciated x

my lo is 7 months and has never been a big milk drinker, shes never taken much milk in!

she probley has about 15 onzs a day, and 3 meals, also has 1 or sometimes 2 bottles per night!

mine also struggles at meal times, she would rather play than eat!

Is sounds like it could be her teeth and her cold!

maybe you could try giving her a bottle about 11am in the day aswell, or are you trying to cut that one out.

My lo wont have a dummy either and she also like yours wakes at 10.30pm ish for a feed before i go to bed then wakes another 2 times through the night but not reallt for feeding, I just think shes gonna be a bad sleeper, shes been like this from day one!

Thanks hun. I didn't really want to introduce a bottle then because she has her lunch at 11.30 and then eventually I'll have to cut that out again (she dropped it naturally) but I guess it's no different that her dropping the night one.

I think I'll try to up her solids & ride it out for now because like you say I'm pretty sure her teeth/cold might have something to do with it!!

Hi this is only an idea but I read that meat fish etc is better to give at lunchtime as it's harder to digest, what with all the protein etc, maybe switch around dinner and lunch for a few days see if it makes any difference? - we haven't got that far yet so have no idea if it's relevant, but good luck - sooooo frustrating when they decide to start waking during the night after sleeping through!!

:hug:

Thanks - never thought of that. I thought giving it her at night might keep her fuller for longer but obviously not, lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->