how much milk does your prem toddler drink?

bumpsmum

Mummy to Matthew & Daniel
Reaction score
Asked this in toddlers too

Matthew's weight is always an issue he is not a great eater and wont take milk from a cup - he still has a full bottle morning and night is this normal? Way I see it just now its not an issue as such as I know at least if he has taken enough milk and not eaten well he has still got nutrients.

However I dont want to be feeding a newborn and 3 year old at the same time lol xx

My 2 yr old has never been a huge milk drinker, he's on high calorie formula to help weight gain and will only take milk from a bottle too. I'll continue with bottles for now as I'd rather get the calories in. He would never take more 4oz morning and night but has in the last month increased to 6-7 oz morning and night.

Well our daughter has never been a big milk drinker (NP2 is our case), 7oz is the most she's ever taken, yet she can eat and eat solids (weaning food). Her twin brother will do 12oz of milk easily yet he doesn't quite manage as much solids as his sister.

(goes off to google the ratio of ml to oz ...)

Andrew is still on milk three times a day. He takes 200ml (7oz) at breakfast, mainly on his weetabix but the remainder in a bottle; 150ish ml for his lunch; and about 150ml before going bed. All of these are given in bottle, he is still refusing all forms of cup.

The Community Dietitian visited last week, and she has advised us to continue with the routine as calories are still the most important thing to him - she's switched us to even higher calorie milk (Fortini). We are to try him with different solids/tastes at lunchtime, and he still has his solids/tea around 4pm.

She did say that the breakfast & bedtime milk would be the last to go, and that he could continue wanting them for years (but not through a bottle!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->