How much milk is your one year old drinking

familygirl30

Reaction score
Hi, my boy is 1 next week and still havin a morn bottle,afternoon one and bedtime.We had his 12 month review today and the hv said to start on cows milk when one and try and stop the bottles but bedtime b still ok with one.Just wondering how much milk ur one year olds hav?and is it morn afternoon and bedtime u give it

At 1, my daughter was having milk when she woke up (about 7am), in the afternoon (about 2-3pm) and before bed (7pm). We switched completely to cow's milk at 1 after a few weeks of transitioning to it before that. She still used bottles, but by about 13 months, I transitioned her to using a straw cup for her morning and afternoon milk, and then finally for the bedtime milk around about 14 months. We use a Momma straw cup and they work great. It's much easier for her to drink a whole cup of milk without having to hold it up in the air. Now at 15 months, she only has two cups of milk a day, usually in the afternoon with her snack and before bed, though sometimes it's only the bedtime one. They're usually about 150-180 ml each, though she doesn't always finish them. I'd say just go with your babies lead. They do need up to about 500ml a day of milk as toddlers, though you can also substitute yogurt or other dairy products too if your LO isn't a big milk drinker.

My boy is 16 months old and is still having 3 bottles of formula a day of 180ml's!!! He can't give it up as he is such an energetic boy and needs the nutrients and energy! He loves his bottle!

By age 1 ds only had one bottle of milk a day at bedtime. We switched to cows milk just before his first birthday. He stopped wanting any milk at bedtime just after his first birthday. We used to offer milk in a cup throughout the day instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->