How much progesterone?? And when??

bellascar

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

I have been prescribed Cyclogest Pessaries after 2 mc's by my Ob/Gyn.

She told me to use 1, 200mg pessaries each night from day 19-27 of my cycle and then to continue using the pessaries as soon as I got a positive HPT.

Does this sound right?
Is that the right dosage?
Shouldn't I be using the pessaries straight after I ovulate?
What have your Dr's prescribed?

After 2 mc's I really want to get this right if there is a chance that it will help me through the first Trimester.

Thanks so much. xxx:hugs:

I dont know the dosage, but my naturopathic doc had me using progesterone cream right after ovulation. I was to use 1/4 tablespoon twice a day then continue for a month if pregnant if not discontinue when af shows.

I'm the same as shaerichelle, I used 1/4 teaspoon of the cream 2 times a day from the day after ovulation until AF or into the first trimester of pregnancy. The was prescribed by my acupuncturist. My doctor said there was conflicting evidence that the cream helped and the the suppositories were a better way to go. I might ask her to prescribe some for me, but until then, I'm going to keep using the cream as I've had a 10 day luteal phase when I don't use it.

Sorry I don't know the answer to your question. Good luck!

I use my pessaries as soon as I know for sure I O, usually about two days after and keep them up till either a bfp or the end of my luteal phase and no bfp. Mine are the 200mg ones too, just pop them in before I go to bed. My FS told me that af should come without stopping them, but I found it didnt and af didnt arrive till 2 days after I stopped. I was to use them till 12 weeks when I got a bfp then stop.

I use my pessaries as soon as I know for sure I O, usually about two days after and keep them up till either a bfp or the end of my luteal phase and no bfp. Mine are the 200mg ones too, just pop them in before I go to bed. My FS told me that af should come without stopping them, but I found it didnt and af didnt arrive till 2 days after I stopped. I was to use them till 12 weeks when I got a bfp then stop.

Hi WannaB

Thanks so much for the reply. Just one more question............how many of the pessaries do you use each day? My Dr said to use just one, but I have read that other people use up to three a day?

Just one a day hun, the max dosage is 200mg thats why we only use the one, the others will only be 100mg and then they use it twice daily to make it up to the 200mg or 50mg ones etc. They are a pain in the arse to use, but well worth the results, make sure you wear clothing to bed that you dont mind if they get ruined, one of the main ingredients is animal fat and you will find all your bottoms end up with grease patches on them, totally delightful!:haha:

WannaB, Thanks so much for the information. Will get stuck into them as soon as I ovulate. Thanks for the tip about the animal fat......gross!!!!.....the things we do!!! lol xx:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->