• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How much school uniform?

I'm so not as bothered about buying uniform this year. Previous years I've spent ages working out where to get the best one from and how much to get but then with online and supermarkets you can pick it up all year round now. I bought some polos the other week with my online Morrison's grocery order :lol:
I'll be buying a couple of bits for the start of term in September but whatever still fits and is in good condition will still be going on him until he grows out of them.

I'll only buy trousers from Debenhams now as they've lasted a whole year whereas M&S ones always ripped at the knees (although Lucas did go through a long Peter Rabbit phase so maybe the odds were against them).

september last year I got

4 polo shirts
2 summer dresses
2 pinafore dresses
2 skirts
2 pairs of tights
1 school jumper
1 school cardigan
Pe shorts and top
School shoes
Pe trainers

It pretty much all lasted (apart from getting more tights) until the last couple months where she outgrew her school shoes and now it's warmer she wears her summer dresses every day which were getting too small so I've given them to a friend and bought LO 4 more for the summer

Next term I'll buy next size up skirts, pinafores, probably 2 cardigans and 1 jumper again plus polo shirts though with my LO being so tall it's really hard to find ones that fit and don't shrink massively when washed.

DS has:
4x trousers
2x shorts
6x polo shirts (they have polo's, no proper shirts)
4x jumpers (started with 2, increased as we have to wash each day- DS is a dirt magnet- and we don't have a dryer)
1x shoes.

For P.E he has:
2x white tops
2x shorts
1x plimsols

4 X trousers (I buy m&s' 2 packs)
2 X shorts (still pretty warm in Autumn all the boys wore shorts last September, they still fit him this summer so I bought 2 more)
3 X logo jumpers
5 X polos these need changing every day I find and don't always wash mid week, I didn't buy shirts I think polos are comfier.

2 X pe kits (just plain t shirts and shorts).

I bought m&s start of the school year and sons George mid way, m&s is worth the price tag.

We went with:
2 shirts
2 polo shirts
1 knitted jumper
1 sweat shirt
2 pairs of trousers
School jacket - reversible (looks smart and could be worn for longer than a blazer)
Monday, Wednesday & Friday he goes in with shirt, tie and jumper, Tuesday and Thursday the school prefer polo shirt and sweatshirt as they do PE those days and it's easier for them to change. Ds is finishing primary 1 and this has worked well for us - I'm glad I didn't buy to much as I needed to go up a size in trousers before Easter anyway.

16 polo shirts
5 jumpers
5 pairs of trousers
2 pe kits
4 pairs of shorts
Winter coat and light rain coat

I just make sure to have 5 of everything, I iron it all on Sat/Sun and it's ready for the week ahead.

2 of the school trousers have had to be replaced be replaced because he loves to slide on his knees, a good 7 pairs of the polo shirts have been binned, he does a lot of crafty things at school and gets horrendous stains which bleach won't touch. School shoes also had to be replaced.

We got ours from M&S, they've got their annual 20% off uniforms on atm.

ive just ordered on the m&s 20% off and ordered 4 polo and 4 pairs of trousers (he already has 4 pairs that I will use as back ups)
I'm going to order 2 logo polo and maybe 3 jumpers from the uniform shop
Ideally he would have a fresh outfit for each day if needed but I think 5 jumpers is a bit much!
Haven't even thought about pe kit but I believe they don't do pe straight away anyway
His coat is a 3 in one so hopefully will do as a lighter raincoat and then heavy winter coat with the gilet bit added in

I have to agree 5 jumpers seems ott. Ive gone for 3 if I need more I can get more but surely he should be able to keep jumpers reasonably clean???

PE we've been asked to pt them in polo shirts those days and they change into their shorts.

They sell them £1 each at the summer pta fair so I'm able to get 5 and then not worry if they get destroyed beyond use, he's a very messy eater/player, most days there will be sauce or mud down the front :haha:

A quid each sounds like a bargain to me! If he out grows them in 5 minutes its no loss.

Every day at nursery his jumper comes home with food on it. I fully expect the same of the school jumper but the nursery jumper is light grey and the school jumper is purple so hopefully it'll be more disguised/ I can wash the Monday and Tuesday jumpers for the end of the week. I like him to be pristine but I might have to just accept otherwise!!

Cant remember what i bought last year but it wasnt enough. This year im buying enough to have one full clean uniform every day for a week. I just cant keep up with washing it, hes never once come home in a clean uniform. Allthough hopfully that will change as he gets older.

Why do they come home so dirty?!! Was having this conversation the other day, at home an outfit goes on him in the morning and off him at night relatively unscathed, he can eat well with a knife/fork/spoon etc. Draw and paint without getting a spot on him yet every day without fail he comes out of school with food/pen/general random mess on him. How!?!

It's the pen ink that drives me nuts I can never get it out, they don't even write with pens so I have no idea where it's come from?!

Pearls I think I would ask the teacher to either be more careful or change the type of pen she uses.

Maybe I need to buy another couple of jumpers. I'm thinking the dark grey trousers will hide the dirt. Yes DS is a typical wee boy "muck magnet"

I'm not sure if it comes from after school club tbh, I need to investigate really!

After school is a more likely source. I can't really imagine the teacher getting ink on kids that often

I have 2 at school.
3 polo shirts
3 jumpers
8 pairs jogging bottoms or something like that.
Seemed to do the job. I have spares from previous year. Ours are all crested apart from bottoms so not cheap.

Connor has 4 polo shirts, 2 jumpers, 2 pairs of trousers, and 1 pair of shorts.

My LO has 3 school polos and 2 heavier school jumpers.
We then got 2 plain polos, 2 shirts (he hates them), 2 lighter navy jumpers and 3 pairs of trousers. He has 2 pairs of gym shorts, 1 indoor shoes, 1 school shoes, 1 school rain jacket and will get a winter jacket.

I'm going to buy another pack of plain white poloshirts 'just in case' x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->