How much time...

bev309

Reaction score
Do you spend playing with your LO - I always feel so guilty if I am not playing or cuddling him, & have left him to play on his gym alone or to sit in his bouncer while I get on with housework or have a break. I know I can't devote every minute of the day exclusively to him & he feeds every two hours getting plenty of cuddle time so why do I always feel so guilty?:hissy:
Anyone else feel like this?

I feel guilty when he cries because he is bored but nothing we do seems to keep him amused apart from walk around with him, which is hard to do all the time he is awake! We have all these so-called newborn toys that he still can't hold or even be bothered with :(

They really need that time to play themselves. My littlest brother is a great example of this and why I just lay Colton down sometimes at his gym or in his bouncer/swing and just let him cry. My little brother cannot play/entertain himself. Meaning he always has to have someone to talk to (or he will talk to himself for short times), or something to do, he can never just sit and relax. And I'm not talking about a 5-6 year old.. he's 11.

Yeah I guess a little time spent amusing himself is good for him when you think of it that way - I must have managed it alright with my daughter as she has been an only child for the past 15 yrs & has never had any problems keeping herself amused - it was just all SUCH a long time ago!:rofl:
I don't know - I think I spend half of my life feeling guilty about something or other - must just be the way I am :dohh:

I feel like that as well when he's awake. I hate putting him down and leaving him ever for half an hour. I feel like Im abandoning him and like he's going to be lonely - as if he even realises Im gone! lol

xxx

yup, guilty of feeling guilty lol.. even when Rhiannon is lying on the bed next to me and im on the laptop working i feel guilty and she is 5inches away from me :dohh:

comes with being a mum i guess lol

I practise Attatchment Parenting so only put Indi down when he's sleeping, but I feel guilty even then! It's like our natural maternal instinct is coming out - it's natural & normal to be holding your baby, it's how we form bonds with them & gain their trust :)

i feel guilty all the time!! especially if i go shopping and callum is in the pushchair for a while and I know it sounds daft but i really miss him even though he's been with me all day?!!!

definately comes with being a mother and it doesnt get any better!!

yeah I feel guilty, but I tell myself that he has to lear to play alone some times. When he does I notice he learns little things. He will reach out for his toys or study his teddy or his fingers. I think, if I was to entertain him all the time he wouldnt do these things. possibly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->