How much TV do you let your LO watch?

N

Neecee

Just wondering how much TV you all let your babies watch. I don't usually plonk Kai infront of the telly, but I was guilty of letting the TV "babysit" him yesterday morning as I had so much stuff to do around the house. He was fascinated by an animal program on cbeebies. I've caught him watching the news a few time too!

zane loves the tv and i no it shudnt be its always on but he stops watchin it after a short time and plays around

I put Seren in front of the TV for about 15mins a day just so I can do some things around the house. I wasn't really happy about OH doing it at first, but I think that as long as they are not too close to it, and not watching it for long it's fine.
Seren watches her Baby Einstein dvds and loves them, but the only tv programme she'll watch is the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse! Oh how I hate it!

Not really all that often but sometimes he will just scream and scream and for some reason the tv just fasinates him and he stops.

Far too much! I feel guilty but it's the only way to keep him occupied while I do his bottles and the washing etc. x

I put her in front of it occasionally if I've got things to do. She likes baby TV and loves Something Special on cbeebies. It only really occupies her for about 5 mins though. She's very demanding and wants my attention 24/7! x

i HATE her watching it with a passion! she watches deal or no deal, which i dont really mind cos its all numbers and stuff, but i dont sit her infront of it. MIL's always putting her infront of it, even if i just walk out the room, does me head in!!

She only really gets to watch 'In the Night Garden' while I have my lunch! hehe

Jack only watches TV when a noisy advert comes on or if the baby channel is on which is sometime on for half hour (ish) a day

maddi watches it sometimes, normally she prefers to play on her own whilst i do something, though she does normally watch the simpsons while i cook, and she loves strawberry cheesecake :D

Not as much as my first baby. I let Trist watch childrens programs once a day but he is far too young to really take notice.

My older son watched tons of educational t.v. and ended up being in advanced math and reading classes. Don't feel guilty at all- I think a bit of is is really good for them.

our tv's on quite a lot but Hannah's not usually interested in it unless it's baby Einstein, Tigger and Pooh, or the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse....even with those she rarely sits still and watches, she's usually playing with her stuff, getting into my stuff, or climbing my legs :lol:

i have the tv on alot as it settles luisa..

she doesnt watch it she is usually in her bouncer facing another way.... although sometimes she will turn her head to the noise...

harry doesnt get sat in front of it but dylan likes to watch peppa pig and we sometimes let him watch it if harry is asleep because it then gives us a break and 15 mins peace!!!

Brooke LOVES the TV .. no matter where she is in the living room she will try to turn to see it :lol:

She watches it in the morning when she gets up for a little while, and tea time for a little while too, prob an hour or so but she flits between watching tv and playing :lol:

Seth watched 1 episode of In The Night Garden a day, but only so I can run around and get a bit of housework done. Bit naughty but he likes it and he gets to live in a clean house lol

xxx

if i need to do something i'm happy to put him in front of cbeebies. he probably watches about an hour a day. half an hour through the morning and half an hour in the evening winding down with mum and dad. xx

how on earth do you all get them to sit still?? :rofl: teach me this

i think you may find some mummies 'bending' the truth slightly on this one!!! I have a feeling some mums think TV rots their children's brains! Hee hee. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->