How much TV do you let your LO watch?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Neecee, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Neecee

Neecee Guest

Just wondering how much TV you all let your babies watch. I don't usually plonk Kai infront of the telly, but I was guilty of letting the TV "babysit" him yesterday morning as I had so much stuff to do around the house. He was fascinated by an animal program on cbeebies. I've caught him watching the news a few time too!

2. moomin_troll

moomin_troll mummy to zane and corey

zane loves the tv and i no it shudnt be its always on but he stops watchin it after a short time and plays around

3. candeur

candeur Well-Known Member

I put Seren in front of the TV for about 15mins a day just so I can do some things around the house. I wasn't really happy about OH doing it at first, but I think that as long as they are not too close to it, and not watching it for long it's fine.
    Seren watches her Baby Einstein dvds and loves them, but the only tv programme she'll watch is the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse! Oh how I hate it!

4. MaryJ

MaryJ Mom of 1 soon to be 2!

Not really all that often but sometimes he will just scream and scream and for some reason the tv just fasinates him and he stops.

5. Sovereign

Sovereign Well-Known Member

Far too much! I feel guilty but it's the only way to keep him occupied while I do his bottles and the washing etc. x

6. heather91

heather91 Preggers with 2nd

I put her in front of it occasionally if I've got things to do. She likes baby TV and loves Something Special on cbeebies. It only really occupies her for about 5 mins though. She's very demanding and wants my attention 24/7! x

7. alice&bump

alice&bump mummy to katie

i HATE her watching it with a passion! she watches deal or no deal, which i dont really mind cos its all numbers and stuff, but i dont sit her infront of it. MIL's always putting her infront of it, even if i just walk out the room, does me head in!!

8. embo216

embo216 Mummy to 3 <3

She only really gets to watch 'In the Night Garden' while I have my lunch! hehe

9. xCherylx

xCherylx Pregnant and Mum of 1

Jack only watches TV when a noisy advert comes on or if the baby channel is on which is sometime on for half hour (ish) a day

10. princess_bump

princess_bump Happy Wife & Mumma!

maddi watches it sometimes, normally she prefers to play on her own whilst i do something, though she does normally watch the simpsons while i cook, and she loves strawberry cheesecake :D

11. vicky9207

vicky9207 Well-Known Member

Aaron Watch's In The Night Garden Sometimes.

12. Beltane

Beltane Mother of 3 Boys!

Not as much as my first baby. I let Trist watch childrens programs once a day but he is far too young to really take notice.

My older son watched tons of educational t.v. and ended up being in advanced math and reading classes. Don't feel guilty at all- I think a bit of is is really good for them.

13. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

our tv's on quite a lot but Hannah's not usually interested in it unless it's baby Einstein, Tigger and Pooh, or the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse....even with those she rarely sits still and watches, she's usually playing with her stuff, getting into my stuff, or climbing my legs :lol:

14. FierceAngel

FierceAngel Guest

i have the tv on alot as it settles luisa..

she doesnt watch it she is usually in her bouncer facing another way.... although sometimes she will turn her head to the noise...

15. sam#3

sam#3 Lactivist & Intactivist

harry doesnt get sat in front of it but dylan likes to watch peppa pig and we sometimes let him watch it if harry is asleep because it then gives us a break and 15 mins peace!!!

16. polo_princess

polo_princess ♥ Brookes Mummy ♥

Brooke LOVES the TV .. no matter where she is in the living room she will try to turn to see it :lol:

She watches it in the morning when she gets up for a little while, and tea time for a little while too, prob an hour or so but she flits between watching tv and playing :lol:

17. Linzi

Linzi Prodest mummy ever

Seth watched 1 episode of In The Night Garden a day, but only so I can run around and get a bit of housework done. Bit naughty but he likes it and he gets to live in a clean house lol

xxx

18. alio

alio Well-Known Member

if i need to do something i'm happy to put him in front of cbeebies. he probably watches about an hour a day. half an hour through the morning and half an hour in the evening winding down with mum and dad. xx

19. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

how on earth do you all get them to sit still?? :rofl: teach me this

20. alio

alio Well-Known Member

i think you may find some mummies 'bending' the truth slightly on this one!!! I have a feeling some mums think TV rots their children's brains! Hee hee. xx