how much water

Vickie

Hannah & Rhys <3
Reaction score
are they meant to be having at this point??

I wouldn't say they have to have water but if they are drinking enough milk giving them some water if they seem thirsty should be fine. I give Connor water once a day to try to get him used to taking a sippy cup.

Ally has quite a lot (4-5 oz 3 times a day) BUT he is only managing 2 bottles and a couple of oz of a third. I've spoken to the HV about it and apparently it's okay. I didn't think it would be but yeah!

Wow! I'm surprised with that. Hannah has 24 ounces of formula, she has her bottles right before her meals and than after her snacks I offer her water. She honestly doesn't drink much at all but I do try to offer it at least

I was really worrying about him not having his 3rd bottle...I might even ask for a 2nd opinion about it. He has 6 oz in the morning, 7 before bed and his middle bottle is a nightmare! he usually takes 2 oz max...

Seth just has a couple of mouthfulls with his dinner

xxx

Hannah has 4-5 ounces at 7, 4-6 at noon, 4-6 at dinner, 4 between 6-7, and 4-6 before we go to bed (dream feed). I was really worried about weaning her and her formula intake but it hasn't dropped at all :happydance: Was worrying about the water though as she rarely drinks much and I didn't want her to get dehydrated or anything :)

i mentioned to my doc that Ted spits out water or any liquid other than breast milk and she just laughed and commented on how he must just love his milk. So I wouldnt worry. If its hot just give extra milk if she doesnt sip water maybe.

Skyler has a few sips here and there.Nothing major.He likes juice though (especially pear juice) but also does not drink a lot of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->