How much weight did you lose when you switched to vegetarian/vegan?

Glitter_Berrie

Reaction score
Hello, im looking to lose weight by going vegetarian and possibly vegan, i'd like to know from those of you who did change to either one, how much did you lose? Thanks so much :hugs:

I've been a veggie for about 10 years. Tbh, I don't think I lost any weight when I changed over, and there are a lot of fat vegetarians around! I think one of the reasons for this is that some veggies fill up on lots of cheese etc.
In February, I cut out dairy, wheat, sugar and caffeine from my diet and I lost loads of weight then. I'm not as strict with it now though.
Good luck.
xx

oh okay, well actually im going to chose healthy low fat meals, i currently eat alot of snacks and i crave the junk food too :blush: so i am sure switching to eating healthy vegetarian foods will help, just want to shed more pounds and be healthier and thank you for your advice :flower:

ILoveShoes is totally right - you can be just as fat on a veg diet if you're eating processed and high carb foods all the time.
I was a veg for six years and gained weight as I was eating a lot of carbs and not balancing my protein:carb ratio properly, nor was I exercising enough.
Veggie can be a good healthy alternative, but like any diet, it takes some research and a fundamental knowledge of calories in vs calories out. Low fat doesn't do much for your waistline if you are eating heaps of "low-fat" calories and not burning them off. On the other hand, going veggie often means being introduced to more whole foods and that can really help reduce the bad snacking and improving your overall health..

Thank you, im planning on doing cardio 5-6x a week as well, it makes sense about the carbs thing, im also planning on sticking with a variety of healthy salads, soups, and going to try my best to keep away from the super starchy foods, i dont really like meat, chicken and fish :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->