How much weight have you put on so far?

35 weeks and have gained 13 pounds so far (gained steadily with no weight loss at any point) and not actively exercising. Baby is also growing well so no issues.

32lb at 35 weeks. Was 124lb to start

I've gained over two and a half stone which I think is about 35 pounds! I was only 8 stone 4 (117 pounds) pre-pregnancy though and have heard if one is pretty light beforehand one puts on more weight. I'm 5 foot six by the way.

I weighed my self on Monday and have put on 14 lbs so far. When pregnant with my daughter I put on 2 and a half stone in total, aiming for a bit less this time.

I'm almost 30 weeks and I've gained 17lb, which in really happy about, with ds I put on 42lb so I think I'm doing quite well xxx

I lost 22 pounds in the 1st 15 weeks due to horrible Morning Sickness. I have so far only gained 13 pounds back so I am still down 9 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. I am 27w4d.

I'm not sure if I will gain more, stay the same or loose as I was diagnosed with GD yesterday and start on that diet now. :shrug:

I've just realised I've gained 38lbs and I'm 34 weeks. This is the maximum I should weigh at 40 weeks, according to the good old internet. Now I'm all panicky I've got GD or something. I was 130lbs and am now 168.

Oh gawd.. now i feel fat. Lol. I've put on around 40lbs and i imagine by the time LO arrives it'll be more like 50.

I can't help it. All i wanna do is eat, eat, eat and because it's winter and every GD time i go outside i slip I havent been getting nearly as much exercise as i did with my two previous pregnancies.

I cant wait to get into shape again and i feel so guilty every time i eat but damn if im not always starving. Lol.

Oh, I feel like a super fat ass now, reading all these 20lbs or less and lost weight posts. I started weighing 123, I'm 5'3 barely. I now weigh 173. So a whopping 50lbs! Holy cow, literally, lol!!! I'm 38weeks and my weight levelled about two weeks ago. I see my OB 3x's a weeks so I'm weighed quite frequently. Once I hit 173 it has not went over that but several times its dipped into the 165-168 range. I've read its normal for your weight to level or lose a little right previous to labor. Oh I also was negative for gd, so my crazy weight gain isn't related to health. I also would like to add that the amount of weight you gain is not relevant to babies weight/health. I've gained quite a bit and my LO is only in the 13th%tile. She's quite small and estimated to be around 5lbs at full term40weeks. The really odd thing about my weight gain though is majority of people look at me crazy when they find out I'm due in two weeks and I always get asked if I'm eating enough. I'm not sure where this 50 lbs went but people are having a really hard seeing it? Odd....

Oh, I feel like a super fat ass now, reading all these 20lbs or less and lost weight posts. I started weighing 123, I'm 5'3 barely. I now weigh 173. So a whopping 50lbs! Holy cow, literally, lol!!! I'm 38weeks and my weight levelled about two weeks ago. I see my OB 3x's a weeks so I'm weighed quite frequently. Once I hit 173 it has not went over that but several times its dipped into the 165-168 range. I've read its normal for your weight to level or lose a little right previous to labor. Oh I also was negative for gd, so my crazy weight gain isn't related to health. I also would like to add that the amount of weight you gain is not relevant to babies weight/health. I've gained quite a bit and my LO is only in the 13th%tile. She's quite small and estimated to be around 5lbs at full term40weeks. The really odd thing about my weight gain though is majority of people look at me crazy when they find out I'm due in two weeks and I always get asked if I'm eating enough. I'm not sure where this 50 lbs went but people are having a really hard seeing it? Odd....

MY HERO!!!! I, too, have been stalking this thread only to see "20 pounds" or "I lost weight" and feel like a fat beast. I'm 5'8 and started weight was 135 and now tipping the scales at 169.6, a few ounces from 35 pound weight gain and I'm only 33.3 weeks along.

I don't know where it's all coming from or going. I do admit to eating a little bit more than I did pre-pregnancy, allowing myself a cup cake here and there, but not enough to warrant the weight gain. My legs and belly seem to be getting all the gain, but 35 pounds??? Yikes. Thanks for speaking up for the heavier hitters. :flower:

Dd1 50 total
Dd2 25 total
Dd3 as of 25 weeks.. negative 13 pounds.

I honestly feel that these weight gain polls mainly attract women who have not gained too much. The rest of us are too ashamed to admit our excessive weight gain ;) If i look at the people i know in real life, the average weight gain seems to be around 40 lbs. And i know many many women who have gained 60 lbs plus. So to all you heavy weights, don't feel too bad :)

As for me, i gained 40 lbs five years ago with DD #1. This time i'm at 50 lbs plus at 36 weeks! I definitely don't eat more than i did during my first pregnancy. However i'm getting much less exercise and sleep than before because i have to care for my daughter and because i'm too sore to take long fast walks. I will also be 36 next month, so that may also be a factor. I'm really into fitness when i'm not pregnant though, so i'm not worried about getting back into shape later. My only concern is that this baby will be bigger than her sister, making labour more difficult.

I honestly feel that these weight gain polls mainly attract women who have not gained too much. The rest of us are too ashamed to admit our excessive weight gain ;) If i look at the people i know in real life, the average weight gain seems to be around 40 lbs. And i know many many women who have gained 60 lbs plus. So to all you heavy weights, don't feel too bad :)

As for me, i gained 40 lbs five years ago with DD #1. This time i'm at 50 lbs plus at 36 weeks! I definitely don't eat more than i did during my first pregnancy. However i'm getting much less exercise and sleep than before because i have to care for my daughter and because i'm too sore to take long fast walks. I will also be 36 next month, so that may also be a factor. I'm really into fitness when i'm not pregnant though, so i'm not worried about getting back into shape later. My only concern is that this baby will be bigger than her sister, making labour more difficult.

I, too, stay fit when not pregnant so I will try and not stress about the weight gain because I lose it fast. You are correct, these threads just bring the light gainers out while us heavy weights creepishly stalk the thread hoping to see "our kind" posting their weight. :haha:

You guys gaining weight shouldn't feel ashamed or "bad" when compared to those of us who have lost weight.... personally, I'm losing weight and it is not by choice. :) I have GD and the result of me not being allowed near a carb has caused my 30 pound weight loss. So, while you guys have gained some pounds that you can work off later, I have been deprived and miserable eating meat and veggies for 16 weeks. :)

And, on top of that... because I have been so food deprived for so long I'm more likely to go on a binge after baby comes and then gain it all back again. ;)

Hehe. :)

MY HERO!!!! I, too, have been stalking this thread only to see "20 pounds" or "I lost weight" and feel like a fat beast. I'm 5'8 and started weight was 135 and now tipping the scales at 169.6, a few ounces from 35 pound weight gain and I'm only 33.3 weeks along.

I don't know where it's all coming from or going. I do admit to eating a little bit more than I did pre-pregnancy, allowing myself a cup cake here and there, but not enough to warrant the weight gain. My legs and belly seem to be getting all the gain, but 35 pounds??? Yikes. Thanks for speaking up for the heavier hitters. :flower:

Oh, thank you for that! You had me laughing so hard as I began to read your response. I just reread mine and started to think that maybe everyone is just being nice not wanting to make the pregnant lady cry by telling me I look like a cow and put the damn cupcake down! Lol. They're probably all snickering behind my back. Haha. Honestly, though I really don't know where it has all went. I'm still wearing the batch of xs and small maternity clothes I bought in first trip BC of uncomfortablness not really to accommodate a bump. Its puzzling. I don't see a fat ass in the mirror but according to Google I could be suffering from a psychological disorder where you don't see what is actually reflected in the mirror. Haha, now I think I'm crazy. Its the thing anorexics have where they swear they are fat but are literally skin and bone skeletons. They actually see a fat ass in the mirror BC of this disorder. Its crazy. I would also agree that around 40 lbs is the normal average for weight gain. I have nothing to be ashamed of, so yes, I put it all there and they are true to the fact numbers. Although, my starting weight could of been a little less as I'm using the first weight recorded, before I found out I was already pregnant. I was about a month when I got 123 weight, so I could of actually gained more than fifty BC we weren't trying to conceive and I don't weigh myself all the time so its not like I really knew what I weighed at conception. I did notice that I rapidly put on weight in the beginning though. I had already hit the 20+ mark two months in. Which was ironic BC I suffered from severe food aversion and was literally forcing myself to eat! I don't know where the calories came from, plus, afterwards my calorie intake/eating habits were/are no different than pop so my body is just abnormally storing fat? Lmao! :dohh: I've never been a dieter. I eat what I want. Nothing has changed about that, although, maybe I should start as I'm 28 quickly approaching 30 and my mother struggled badly with her weight after babies And she was only 19-21! Yikes, what have gotten myself into starting at this mommy thing so late?:shrug::dohh::wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->