how much weight?

M

Maman

How much weight shoudl i have put on by 20 weeks? What does my pregnancy weigh now?

Just found this - it seems quite
good.

https://www.gurgle.com/tools/pregnancy_weight_gain_calendar/default.aspx

You type in your pre-preg weight and height and what week you are in and it tells you how much you should have gained! The weight ranges are quite wide too!

It worked for me!
:flower:

oooohh i'm at the bottom range of it smack on :) :thumbup:happy days!

I've gained 9lbs. I think that's about right? Off to check on that calculator :)

mine was 8 lbs and was smack on so i'd say you're fine! :thumbup:

I've gained 4 lbs and i'm 15w's... two different drs though at my office said I didn't really need to gain any weight as long as i'm eatting healthy. I think it depends on your weight, if you carry alot of excess weight (i'm about 40 lbs overweight) you don't have to gain any weight as long as you're not skipping meals or dieting. If you are at a healthy weight they say to gain no more then 20-25lbs and if you are underweight 35-40lbs weight gain is where they want you.

Everybody is different i lost 2 lbs since being pregnant and I'm 5 months ( due oct 18) but i eat all the time :/ GRR its frustrating.

I don't follow the whole 'you need to of gained this many lbs in this space of time'. They say 1lb a week is normal, but who the hell would aim to put on 5st by the end of their pregnancy?

As long as you're eating healthy and your baby is a good size, it shouldn't matter.

I was 8st 3lbs pre-pregnancy, 7st 8lbs at 10 weeks (constant morning sickness for 3 days), 8st 2lbs at 13 weeks and weighed 8st 6lbs at 18 weeks.

Everyone is different! I gained more weight in 1st tri then the other two combined when I was pregnant with my son and all was well. Guidelines are nice to look at, but sometimes your body just does what it does and there's not much you can do about it! :haha:

good.

You type in your pre-preg weight and height and what week you are in and it tells you how much you should have gained! The weight ranges are quite wide too!

It worked for me!

Apparently I should have only gained between 1 and 3 lbs by now - oops! :haha:

Im 5 over what I should have gained...but whatever. It will even out for me, once I get my butt back to the gym and eat a bit better....

I wanted to die when my Dr. told me what I've gained. 19lbs total which I think is terrible but she insisted that I haven't gained too much. She also said that most of the weight is gained during the 2nd trimester and that you will plateau during the 3rd (I really hope so!). Apparently I can gain up to 40lbs. It really bothers me the weight gain but I'm trying not to obsess about it because the baby is healthy and that's all I care about. Just sucks have zero self esteem!

I think we will put on what we need, lots is water and retention etc. It does plateu in the last trimester...I gained my most in the 2nd last time too...

really!? we plateau in 3rd!?!? That is by FAR the best news I've heard in AGES!!!! Are you sure?! :happydance: i gained 3 lbs in 1st tri, mw was very happy, and despite working out 5 days a week and eating healthy, i'm gaining just under a lb a week and there's nothing i can do about it right now - other than starve myself which i'm not willing to do obviously :shrug: i've been panicking that it would be a lb a week til the end now!!! :haha: my mw said to aim for 21lbs in total and said if i do that i'll be down to pre-pregnancy weight within weeks of giving birth - so this is what i'm aiming for :shrug:

EDIT: She did also say that I can't really trust my weight gain 100% as i'm still doing a weights class and working with weights at home for muscle tone and that i may be having fat loss/muscle gain - and she also said at my 16 wk appt that i looked smaller in the arms/shoulders/legs than at my booking in and said i looked to be getting smaller with a bump :cloud9: so i think it's hard just going by lbs.. can make you feel rubbish! DH is convinced i'm getting trimmer!

Aslong as baby is measuring on target you don't need to worry about your weight gain too much.

I am 22 weeks tomorrow and have gained 5lbs so far, I hadn't gained anything until 18 weeks. My midwife is happy with this as baby is healthy :)

i put loads and loads of weight on in my first pregnancy and i dont know how it happened and so im super nervous around food in case it happens again. i think im undereating and maybe i should ask my midwife for dietary advice. Others are telling me to eat what i want, but to be honest i dont want to eat. iyswim?

i'd speak to your mw and hope you have a good one.. unfortunately i told my mw at my 16wk that I have suffered severe eating disorders in the past plus addiction to exercise for weight loss and that I was terrified the weight gain was going to trigger something in me to start it all again (ie. when i was being sick with ms I was always really happy and felt amazing afterwards, or I'd pray that something would make me naturally sick so i'd have had no dinner.. NOT normal!!) and she looked at me and just said, well you have to gain weight, just try and eat healthy... Sorry, but what!? That is seriously not the right response to give someone who's recovering from eating problem!! Thank god for my DH who looks after me so well and helps me through it!! :dohh: I dread to think what that could have triggered in some women... :nope:

EDIT: I'd expected her to go through the weight of the baby, placenta, boob growth, blood etc. and the approx. rate of weight loss after birth, not just fob me off with one sentence!! DH is always saying to me "look how big baby is growing" - it is NEVER, "look how big your stomach got".. he is a god send xx

My MW and doc both have 25-40lbs as a normal "average" weight gain for someone in the normal weight range. Less if you are overweight, more if underweight. I didn't gain quite this much last time around, but was sure I was going to as most of my weight was put on by 15 weeks! You can't 100% control how much you put on and when - your body is doing what it needs to do!

This time around, I gained 10lbs by 12 weeks - and this is despite m/s cutting my eating in half. Now I am eating easily 2-3x as much and haven't gained a thing in the last 2 weeks. I am just focusing on eating well to ensure baby gets everything he/she needs - any extra I can deal with later. Because you really aren't pregnant for very long - another 5-6 months (for me anyway) and it's all over so I'm not going to worry too much about it right now.

Number 1 goal = healthy baby!! :thumbup:

good.

It worked for me!

That's a great tool - at least you can see whether you're on track etc - I like it!

My husbands cousin put on 5st when she was pregnant the baby wasn't even that big, only between 7lb and 8lb so she really regrets eating as much as she did now and is struggling to lose the excess weight.

I think I will keep checking this to make sure I'm not enjoying too many treats and doing enough exercise to keep weight gain to a minimum. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->