How much/what type of cramping is normal?

BabyBubbles

Expecting number 2!
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm getting a bit worried :huh:

I keep having crampy twingy pains. It seems to move from side to side and it's not mega painful or even really uncomfortable but I'm aware of it. I have ibs aswell and pregnancy just seems to make that worse with constant bloating and rumblings so I don't know if that's part of the twinges??

What kind of pains is everyone feeling? Im 6 weeks exactly xxx

I have the odd twinge from time to time. It does not stop me doing anything though! I think cramping is quite painful xx

Sounds normal to me :)
After a bit of a scare, I asked my midwife exactly this question and her answer was quite helpful:
she said that cramps indicating a miscarriage would most likely feel like labour pains themselves (not experienced those myself!) and would come in waves, gradually getting worse - oh, and you'd definitely notice them cos they'd be extremely painful.

Other people who've been through it might give different descriptions, but I found this info helped me to ignore all the niggly twingey cramps I assume to be stretching pains.

hi
i am having relatively bad cramps - they come and go but are worse in the evening on a similar level to the AF cramps i get as I am about to come on
i spoke to my mum about it and she also had the same thing, in fact it was so bad they were doing tests for appendicitus, so i think it is normal, but if it is doubled over type pain, you need to got to a & e
xxx

I'm cramping too.... lots opf things are normal, though I feel I need to say that I didn't cramp at all with my early MC, so you can just never tell.

Last night, my cramps were awful, just like AF pains, but as long as there's no bleeding, I'm trying not to worry. A friend told me (and she's pregnant with her 2nd too) that they can be worse with 2nd and subsequent pregnancies.

I guess the upshot is, with cramps, you're not alone
xxx

hey- i've had cramps before i even found out i was pregnant. they are sometimes on the right side, sometimes on the left, and sometimes in the middle. they get worse around night.

if it makes you feel any better- i had an early miscarriage in october and didn't get one bit of cramping.

My cramping is worse in the evenings, feels like mild period pain..

Ive had a mmc before and the cramping with that was terrible, was like contractions and needed to take painkillers and have a hot water bottle - I was doubled over in pain

I went to urgent care for cramping when I was about five weeks pregnant. I was told that as long as there is no bleeding, it is fine. Your body is just stretching and making room for the baby :) congrats on the pregnancy!

How much cramping is normal??

Cramping is normal, but so is no cramping.

I never had any cramps at all when pregnant with Anna - just around 7 wks I started to feel a little nausea but was never sick.

So, some folk look at cramps as a good sign but no cramps certainly is not a bad sign!

Good luck!:flower:

I have noticed that I get AF like cramps about 15-20 minutes after I eat. I don't know if its just a coincidence or not...

You'll find they ease if your (TMI) bowels are empty
xxx

You'll find they ease if your (TMI) bowels are empty
xxx

I find this is definitely the case with me! My worst cramps usually happen right before a bm. They can feel like fairly strong af cramps at those times.

Thanks for the info, I've got horrid AF style cramps at the moment. Backache too. Not impressed! I'm so glad I found this forum!

The day I miscarried, my cramps were considerably worse than the every day pregnancy cramps (even before I started to bleed). I believe the rule is unless they are unbearable or accompanied by bleeding, there is no need to worry.

I am experiencing cramping as well. I also cramped with my son till about 26 weeks. It is annoying, but normal. It is actually your uterus stretching. The pain you feel to the right or left are round ligament pains. These are ligaments that hold the uterus in position, as the uterus gets bigger, these ligaments have to stretch, and it can be painful.

I had cramping from about week 4-7. It slowed down week 8 and 9.
Today I am 9 weeks and 3 days. Some of them scared me too, but it's just your uterus changing. As long as there is no blood, and they are not severe, you should be fine!
When i felt that cramping i would lay/sit down for about 30/45mins and wrap up in a blanket to keep warm or took a bath... that helped me!

https://lbdm.lilypie.com/5tvzm5.png

https://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev237pr___.png

thanks ladies. hubby pinched the laptop last night so couldn't get back on to say thanks!!

I think im just worrying about everything too much as we all are!!!!

I seem to be quite lucky in that I have only had very very light period pain type cramps a few days ago.

I am now having pelvic pain and am very bloated. And yes, a bm does help! Phew x

So glad its not just me!!! I am 6 weeks and getting AF type cramps ranging from mild to uncomfortable, usually at night/eves too. Cant help but worry!!!

Helloo, I'm new here...I'm 5weeks an 4days and also having af like cramps very central an in lower abdomen..I miscarried at 6weeks 3yrs ago and didn't have any cramps prior 2 the bleeding ..I am also having lower back ache (mild) trying not 2 stress tho think that's the key

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->