how much working tax credits do you get?

If you only have one child you can get child tax credits as long as you earn under 26k.
For 2 children you have to earn under 32k. Hope this makes it seem simpler.

To be honest even if you could bump your hours to 24 you probably still wouldn't get wtc because of the amount you earn.

You'll also get child benefit which is £20 per week

Wtc is for people who earn £17,000 or less. You could get tc to base you income on this years earns instead of the last tax year. Also remember to take off £100 pw from your mat pay.

i am currently on mat leave and going back to work next week, we get nothing what so ever! no tax credit/working no hellp with child care nothing.. because between us we earn 34k a year, even if i didnt go back to work we.d still get nothing because ov OH income x

It's tricky - I understand you asking about job seekers as previously people working under the current 16hr threshold were able to claim thru jobseekers allowance if their income was low despite having a job.

There hasnt been any announcement about any alternative in place now they're upping to 24hrs though I guess income support is still there for v low incomes along with housing benefit / council tax benefit?

We fall into an odd boat as DH is full time student this year and literally has no free time (teacher training) and I'm only working 18 hours. Work have kindly said they'll try to find me the extra hours - tbh it would even be financially better if they gave me extra hours with no pay lol with what I'm losing in tax credits but if they can't I'm stuck, childcare is also an issue I expect for those o us having to find more hours.

Maybe contact council regards council tax benefit etc? Every little helps!

We only get £10 per week. We've just had a letter to say we earn too much so they will stopping it in April. We are expecting our 2nd child in August but we will still be earning too much to qualify.

We get CTC (£142 a month) but we don't get WTC because hubby earns too much apparently!
He works 37 hours a week (full time) and i don't work. I was classed as working for the first year because i was on mat leave (so still employed) and we got more CTC than we do now which i though was odd :shrug:

Hiya

I work FT in London - I earn £30,900 and my OH earns £18,500. We are saving towards a Maternity Nest Egg so that we have £500 per month to top up DPs earnings & my SMP for 6 months but I am getting worried about missing out on their first year by going back when they are 5 months old so wondered what we would be eligible for if we just lived on DPs earnings for 12 months.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

H x

You get maternity pay for 39 weeks - which is about 7 months. I think you would have to phone the benefits office because you would still be 'employed' just not earning for the remaining 5 months. If you receive a car allowance you still get this for the full 12 months from your employer

Not a bean, but I wouldnt expect to either as oh income is in excess of 70k

If you only have one child you can get child tax credits as long as you earn under 26k.

To be honest even if you could bump your hours to 24 you probably still wouldn't get wtc because of the amount you earn.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/reclaim/2012/03/families-must-prepare-for-tax-credit-cuts

Unless you pay for childcare then the threshold's £41,200 for 1 child. We earn more than the £26k limit but have childcare costs so will still be receiving £10pw going forward! It's dropping from £34pw but a recent payrise, the amount you can earn before paying tax rising, reducing mobile contracts and other tweaks we have more than made up the shortfall.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/reclaim/2012/03/families-must-prepare-for-tax-credit-cuts

Unless you pay for childcare then the threshold's £41,200 for 1 child. We earn more than the £26k limit but have childcare costs so will still be receiving £10pw going forward! It's dropping from £34pw but a recent payrise, the amount you can earn before paying tax rising, reducing mobile contracts and other tweaks we have more than made up the shortfall.

Ah i didn't check that bit because i don't claim for childcare but i did think the threshold was a bit low for people that needed childcare.

Ah i didn't check that bit because i don't claim for childcare but i did think the threshold was a bit low for people that needed childcare.

It worried us initially too, cost of livings rocketing up and living in the SE, renting is high. Gotta love the Conners for making things transparent, can't wait to see what happens when univeral credit comes in next year :dohh:

[/QUOTE] It worried us initially too, cost of livings rocketing up and living in the SE, renting is high. Gotta love the Conners for making things transparent, can't wait to see what happens when univeral credit comes in next year :dohh:[/QUOTE]

what's universal credit???

we get £85 a week WTC and £55 CTC OH works 40 + hours a week on minnimum wage,we dont get housing benefit or any other benefits x

My OH is working 16hrs,gets minimum wage and we are only getting 64 a week WTC

It worried us initially too, cost of livings rocketing up and living in the SE, renting is high. Gotta love the Conners for making things transparent, can't wait to see what happens when univeral credit comes in next year :dohh:[/QUOTE]

what's universal credit???[/QUOTE]

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11735673

https://www.dwp.gov.uk/policy/welfare-reform/legislation-and-key-documents/universal-credit/

£452 (4weekly) CTC. OH works for min. wage, 40 odd hours a week.

do those getting less than us get housing benefit etc though?

I think it depends on the amount of tax paid last year? i know oh paid more tax last year so its gone up a few pounds a week this april.

x

Oh yeah we get 600 a month in housing benefit. Can't really complain!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->