how much working tax credits do you get?

bbyno1

Reaction score
And what's your situation?sorry to be nosey lol. Just trying to get an idea of how much we wll be entitled too.I don't work and OH works 16 hrs a week. We have two children. Atm I'm getting chld tax credits. Do you contnue to receive these and working tax too or is it just working tax credits I will be getting?thanks

From April you need to work 24 hours between you to get WTC.

So if I don't work and his only doing the 16 hours then what will we be on?back on job seekers?

You won't get anything I don't think, as he is working - my OH does 25 hours a week so we're entitled to WTC xx

Although, as you don't have any other income other than his wage and the Child Tax Credits and Child Benefit, you may be eligible for some Housing Benefit ? xx

My DH works full time. I'm on maternity leave and am just getting maternity allowance. We have one baby. We don't get any working tax credits.

Unless you start working 24 hours or more between the two of you, you won't be entitled to wtc. It is going up to 24 hours for a couple as of April.

£45 pw working tax credit
£59 pw child tax credit

thats with my OH working 40+ hours a week and me not working but ive just been offered a job for 32 hours a week so we will have our tax credits really reduced if not lose them completly:) x

I can't go back to work just yet as iv only just had my baby so I'm taking a year off. Atm I get child tax credits so is that all we will be entitled too? No job seekers or working tax credits.

unless your partner can up his hours to 24 or get a little second job you'll lose the working tax credits but i don't see how the government will think this will work as your a prime example of a family that will suffer from the change! its effing ridiculous!

i think you should ring tax credits up hun xx

You wont get job seekers as he has a job. You probably earn to much for income surport. Your tax credits should go up with your 2nd baby. My oh earns 17000 a year and works 40 hours and we get £6 a week wtc and £110 a week ctc and £25 a week housing benefit and cb as well x

I'm a SAHM and my hubby earns around 28k we get CB and roughly £300 four weekly in tax credits. we don't get WTC though.

You won't get WTC unless one of you gets another part time job or your partner can up his hours to 24. You won't get job seekers because you aren't job seeking. You might be entitled to housing benefit and council tax benefit but i think you have to be earning under 16k to get those.

its not alot of use asking other people because not only do they base what you get on your current circumstances but also on your last years earnings. last tax year only i was working so our joint income was £8000 so this yr we've been getting £77 a week in WTC even though we both work full time!!! BUT from this april (the next tax year) because our income this year is 15,000 we will only get £11 a week in WTC even though i'm not working now!! its weird how they work it out because we have been getting more this tax year whilst we're both working full time and from april we'll get less but only have OH's income (until my maternity allowance starts)

so basically you cant really get a good idea from asking other people, you have to enter in your families own circumstances plus last years income/benefits etc.

i do know for sure tho that they are saying that you have to work 24 hours a week to qualify for WTC when claiming as a couple, so your partner would have to get 8 more hours work to get WTC.

best thing to do is phone the tax credits place and they'll be able to give you a rough idea, although until you know your 2011-12 exact income (from your OH's p60) then they wont be able to give you a definite figure.

hopefully then you will get an idea,its all very complicated!!! :)

I'm a SAHM and my hubby earns around 28k we get CB and roughly £300 four weekly in tax credits. we don't get WTC though.

You won't get WTC unless one of you gets another part time job or your partner can up his hours to 24. You won't get job seekers because you aren't job seeking. You might be entitled to housing benefit and council tax benefit but i think you have to be earning under 16k to get those.

How do you get that much in tax credits? Not being rude but our joint income for this tax year is £25k and we get £10 a week tax credits.

How do you get that much in tax credits? Not being rude but our joint income for this tax year is £25k and we get £10 a week tax credits.

yours is definitely wrong because just with basic child tax c for one child you would be on way more than that. Maybe they are only paying u WTC? Phone and check. They can back date aswell so u mite get a nice lump sum! :)

I don't know, we have 3 kids which obviously makes a difference. It works out at around £25 per week per child. Its definitely right though i double checked with them.

I rung them.we don't qualify for wtc or jobseekers. She said we need to do 24 hrs between us like u all said. She said only thing we can do is I become the main claimer and sign on,on job seekers,if I'm prepared to go back to work

Sorry to hijack but I find all of this VERY confusing. I'm under the impression that we wont be entitled to anything under the new rules when our baby arrives in Oct. I currently work 37hrs pw earning approx £35000 a year. When I return to work after mat leave I plan to be working 18.5hrs earning approx £19500 ish. OH wont be working. I know we wont get WTC because of the hours rule but would we get any CTC does anyone know?

(I will obviously ring the tax office closer to the time but it would nbe nice to have an idea :winkwink: )

Sorry to hijack but I find all of this VERY confusing. I'm under the impression that we wont be entitled to anything under the new rules when our baby arrives in Oct. I currently work 37hrs pw earning approx £35000 a year. When I return to work after mat leave I plan to be working 18.5hrs earning approx £19500 ish. OH wont be working. I know we wont get WTC because of the hours rule but would we get any CTC does anyone know?

(I will obviously ring the tax office closer to the time but it would nbe nice to have an idea :winkwink: )

£35000!! wow what do you do lol?!
you should qualify for CTC hun may not be alot but you should get something :) would it not be possible for you to just bump your hours up to 24? i know its a pain in backside but you may get more money :) x

£35000!! wow what do you do lol?!
you should qualify for CTC hun may not be alot but you should get something :) would it not be possible for you to just bump your hours up to 24? i know its a pain in backside but you may get more money :) x

I'm a control room manager so quite high stress/responsibility. I also get a premium for working shifts. No option for working 24 hours at my place, it's either full time or straight job share only. I think I'm better working on the assumption we will get nothing and then anything else would be a bonus. It would be nice though as TBH I am wondering how we will manage.
I'm hoping OH will be working by then. He was made redundant in Sept and hasn't had so much as an interview since which is why I'm sort of planning as though he still wont be working IYKWIM. Thanks for replying x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->