• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

how much would you give

weewdy

Reaction score
For a colleagues 18th birthday? Ive been invited to her party but im not going so was just going to give a card. Do i buy her something or put money in her card, if so what.

For an 18 year old I would go amazon/iTunes/next voucher. £10 or £15 depending how well I know them.

Depends how close you are to them? £20 if you're close, buy something if you're not ( as I think it looks better than giving money if it less than £20) a photo frame with 18 on it? Something like that x

I think most 18 year olds would prefer money, Id just stick a tenner in, maybe im tight? :blush:

Could you do a whip round with colleagues and put the money in a card from you all? We just did that with a colleagues 30th - we got £100 and that was 10 of us at a tenner each :) If I was giving a card on my own, I'd put £20 I think or buy a nice bottle of fizz for the around the same price.

Not close at all, my colleagues dont like her and are putting £5 in each (£15 total). I dont want to go in with them as i dont like them. Good idea about photoframe ill have a wee look.

I'd feel mean going with anything less than £20, so if I wasn't that close to her i'd probably buy her a frame and/or a lottery ticket/scratch card or something. Depending on the cost of the frame.

I'd prob get a nice bottle of sparkly wine or a tenner in a card. She prob isn't expecting anything and would be grateful for any gift :thumbup:

I'd also go down the bubbly route, as it's her 18th. Nothing expensive though.

I'm tight, I'd just give a card :p me and my friends only do presents for besties and cards for everyone else (have large group of friends, 30+ all friends with each other) and work stuff we normally all do a fiver then one person buys them a present from the money.

I'd just get a bottle of sparkling wine and maybe some chocolates

(But wouldn't normally give a gift to a colleague for a birthday, we usually just buy a cake)

For a colleague I'd probably just do a card, or if I wanted to give something just a small box of chocs. I don't feel embarrassed at spending less than a fiver on a pressie for someone I'm not close with because I don't have all that much money to spend on people I really like to be honest.

If a colleague got me a card or a box of chocs I'd be really chuffed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlzsmuzaffar
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->