How often do you BD?

Shanlee16

Reaction score
Just curious on how often everyone BDs, if there's any special time you guys do, if you do it every day or every other if there's a reason why and if you guys believe the "every other" controversy (I.e sperm count lessens if you have sex every day)

I'll start. Hubby and I BD typically every other during my fertile window but this is cycle 4 ttc so we decided to give ourselves the best chances and BD every day. I don't believe that bding every day will hurt us at all and we really enjoy doing it!

Can't wait to hear from you ladies!

Statistically you have better odds if you BD every day, but the stats go from 22% chance to 25% chance, so pretty insignificant increase in odds.

That said, DH and I have been BDing every other day since he gets a bit gun shy knowing we have to do it, lol. 😳😅

Hey 1/4 chance is pretty good to me! DH and I have been trying for 4 months now and we would love it to be our last month so that's why we bumped it up. DH has no problems showing off his skills haha! He just worries that it may decrease the sperm count but I don't believe that!

We bd every other day. That's because my hubby has low sperm count so we give that day off for the very few he has to be the best they can.

When we were ttc we had sex EOD starting around cd 10/11. When I started to get signs of my fertile window we tried for every day BUT we aren't 23 anymore so sometimes it was difficult for OH. If you are getting in EOD you are probably OK due to the lifespan of sperm.

This cycle DH and I BD Wed, Thur and Fri and I got a positive opk Thursday night and all day Friday and Saturday morning. So I'm hoping we did enough for this cycle and not Bding Saturday didn't hurt us at all!

I've gotten pregnant by DTD 2 and 3 times a day around the time of ovulation (my first pregnancy, after TTC for 18 months, and my third pregnancy), by DTD once about a week before ovulating (2nd pregnancy), by DTD every other day (fourth pregnancy), and by DTD 5 days before ovulating (current/5th pregnancy). If the sperm is healthy, I don't think a lot of sex will hurt anything. If your OH has slow swimmers or low sperm count, it might be better to DTD a bit less often. If you haven't tried just going ahead and having a ton of sex, then get on it! (I didn't mean that how it sounded. lol)

When we were TTC our son, we tried for almost 6 months and finally the month we conceived I did the SMEP (sperm meets egg plan). It worked great! Basically you dtd every other day until you ovulate, then every day for 3 days (I believe?), then you skip a day, then dtd one more time to be safe. We got pregnant the first month we tried that method!

Whenever we want to and then as much as possible in the days leading up to ovulation. The whenever we want to is probably a couple extra times a month (we're both busy and tired and have a 4 year old, so twice a month when we have a relaxing night after she's gone to bed when we don't have to get up super early the next morning - I get up at 5am for work during the week - is pretty good!) and then as much as possible in the few days leading up to ovulation, which has tended to be 2-3 times in the fertile window. We don't do it every day or every other day all month. We'd be so tired and honestly, neither of us wants it quite that much! I think we did it three times in the fertile window when we got pregnant with our daughter (O-3, O-2 and then day of O). I think it's quite likely I'll get a BFP this month as all the signs are there and the only time I've ever felt like this was the cycle I was pregnant before. This time we did it the day before O and O day and then also about 4 days before O, which wasn't really within my fertile window or because of TTC, but just because we wanted to.

Thanks ladies! I'm hopeful this cycle and just have that feeling! But only time will tell. Fxed for all of us that this cycle is our lucky cycle!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->