How often do you nurse older baby?

DaisyDreamer

mama to a beautiful boy
Reaction score
My LO (9.5 months) is still a booby monster. We nurse 6+ times a day. And that's with cutting down! Just started cutting back the night nursing and it's going well.

He still gets a lot of comfort from it and plan to go as long as he wants, wondering how much you mommies nurse your older babies? (6+ months)

James feeds around 4 times a day and then throughout the night when he wakes.

It went up and down. My Lo started eating loads around 9months old but still had around 5 feeds in the day and 1 during the night. Then we went through a developmental spurt, then teething started, and night feeds went back to around 3 x a night! As she started to be more mobile she preferred snacks to breastfeeds so by 1 yr she only really had three feeds a day (and a completely changeable amount at night depending on what was occurring in her development) but we stayed at three feeds in the day till about 18/19months when she dropped the morning feed and then it was two feeds till 24 months when she dropped the nursery pick up feed. She finally self weaned off the before bed feed at 27months.

Breastmilk is still providing up to 50% of his nutritional needs at 9months.

It depends on whether Freya has any better entertainment about :haha:

If we're out and about and having a generally busy day then she feeds maybe 4/5 times a day then up to 3 times at night.

If I'm working she can happily go up to 8 hours without a feed but when boob is about she wants it more often.

Some days is quite frustrating because she gets easily distracted so mucks about when she's feeding i.e bounces on and off my boob, tugs at me, jumps about the place!

Thomas nursed about 8-10 times in a 24hr period at that age. Sophie was about 6 times.

Emma's not anywhere near that age but she must nurse about 15 times a day! She's a snacker.

It depends on their age. As babies get older, they become more efficient, so they may take about 5-10 minutes on each side, whereas newborns may feed for up to 20 minutes on each breast. However, at least 6 times in a 24 hour period would be common. What is important is for your son to be mainly having breast milk and to be trying other food as he is ready and gradual. When you do offer solids, start with rice cereal and gradually add a cooked or mashed fruit or vegetable.

My baby/toddler is much older than yours but she nurses 2-3 times a day (she's 19 months).
At 9.5 months, I think she did 4-5 times a day (wake up, before naps and before bed, and once at night).

When you do offer solids, start with rice cereal and gradually add a cooked or mashed fruit or vegetable.

This is one option, but many people who delay weaning till 6months or after go straight in with family foods.

When you do offer solids, start with rice cereal and gradually add a cooked or mashed fruit or vegetable.

This is one option, but many people who delay weaning till 6months or after go straight in with family foods.

What we did. He eats plenty and loves anything we give him. Bt still nurses quite a bit!

We also did this. At nearly nine months I'd say she nurses between 6-8 times in a 24 hour period.

My second is 9 months and still nurses around 6-8 times a day (which includes his night feeds, which is usually 2-3 feeds..ugh!)

Around 3-4 times during the day ( quick feeds) the 2-3 during the night

Oh gosh a lot! I'll try count today but he doesn't sleep through and I'm pretty sure he wakes 3 times or so throughout the night!

His nursing now as I type this lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->