How often do your babies nurse after 12 months?

mrstrouble

Reaction score
I'm still breastfeeding my LO at 9 months, and am planning to go on until she's 2. I was wondering, how often do babies nurse/need to nurse after one year? I really want to go on a serious exercise and diet regime, but worry about doing it too soon for fear of my milk supply dwindling (luckily I've always had a lot of milk, though). My LO is eating solids, but at this point has probably only replaced one BF a day with solids; she eats but still nurses before and after. Any thoughts?

Joni only feeds morning and evening and that's been from about 11 months, but I will do extra if she's ill/teething and so on. Yesterday she had about 4. But I think the middle ones are just comfort. She will also happily drink cow's milk on the occasions I can't be there.

At about 11 1/2 months my little boy went down to just morning and bedtime. He dropped his bedtime one at about 15 1/2 months he was too interested in his story after bath time so we give him a little sippy cup milk with his story now but he still feeds first thing in the morning.

My guy is 20 months and still feeds 10+ times a day some days... he asks for it constantly and still prefers it over solids. I think it depends on the kid :)

My 17 mo has days where she doesn't want any and other days I can't get her off me! Depends on her form, teething, development, ect.

By then though your supply will be WELL established and diet shouldnt affect your milk.

I would lose count but I know that it's a LOT! Some are long feeds and others are very quick. She doesn't eat anywhere near enough solids to be able to cut down on her breastfeeds though.

It really and truly depends on the baby. I have a friend who's a SAHM and she's mentioned that her LO nurses all day long still and barely eats solids. I'm a working mom so LO doesn't have the chance to nurse all day long. He nurses in the morning, and at night *usually* BUT on the weekends he nurses in the morning, for morning nap, afternoon nap and at night. He won't let me put him to sleep any other way is the reasoning for that. I feel like if I was a sahm then he would probably nurse much more often. He also nurses when he's upset or gets hurt but that's rare.

It really and truly depends on the baby. I have a friend who's a SAHM and she's mentioned that her LO nurses all day long still and barely eats solids. I'm a working mom so LO doesn't have the chance to nurse all day long. He nurses in the morning, and at night *usually* BUT on the weekends he nurses in the morning, for morning nap, afternoon nap and at night. He won't let me put him to sleep any other way is the reasoning for that. I feel like if I was a sahm then he would probably nurse much more often. He also nurses when he's upset or gets hurt but that's rare.

Pretty much wss! My lo is 13.5 months and still has loads morning and night. She was never really a booby monster but now will pull at my clothe and ask for it. But if I'm not there she doesn't pine and is fine.

My DD had morning and bedtime feeds from 12 months, unless she wakes at night (not often - touch wood) or she refuses to sleep but really needs to!

Now that LO has started eating more solids, he's down to two or three a day - when he wakes up, occasionally in the afternoon and once in the middle of the night.

Well, during the day he's not too bothered except nap and bedtime. But maybe 3-5 times in the night, hmm actually prob more.

I stopped offering in the day as he was too distracted, and I'd end up just sat around with my nipple hanging out.

My 15.5 month daughter is still a huge boobie monster, she has 3 main meals (solids) a day, 2 or 3 snacks through the day and nurses up to 6 times a day, she nurses to sleep and then will wake 2 more times through the night.

She's got the self service down to a "t" now though, which is fine unless we're out somewhere.... She's not as discreet as me when getting a boob out :haha:

All depends on the baby though, I've made no effort to get her to cut down as I intend to let her nurse until she decides she's had enough/wants to cut down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juubee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->