How often do your in laws / parents see your child?

Erised

Mummy to amazing girls
Reaction score
Please vote for the grandparents your child sees most often

Just wondering what would be classed 'average'...
Every since we moved back to England my mother in law and brother in law have been over daily. They never got invited, and started with MIL coming over which wasn't a problem, but a few months later BIL started coming around every night too and it's all becoming a bit much for me.

I'm not used to this. I'm not a family person, and only saw my grandparents once a week, on a Sunday. DH thinks it's normal for grandparents to come over daily, as his grandfather used to baby sit every day. Every morning Eleanor asks if nana's coming, every afternoon she asks and every evening she expects. Part of me feels guilty as Moo really enjoys her nana visits and it's true that nana spends a lot more time playing with her than we do... but daily? And brother in law doesn't even bother with Moo really, he just sits and talks at DH for an hour straight.

Yesterday they didn't come over as Eleanor isn't too well (MIL had a cold that rubbed off), and Eleanor went to bed so easily without any fuss. When MIL has been she's hyper and can take a while to settle. I can deal with all this now, but once we have a newborn I really don't want to entertain 2 people every single evening.

So... how often do your parents or in laws see your child?

Well my mum see's her everyday now, near enough. We're extreamly close, not for long maybe an hour or so at most. She doesnt annoy me though, she entertains Lo so thats fine.
We try and see my Dad at least every 6 weeks, he lives 2 hours on the motorway away. Sometimes its more sometimes its less.

Havent spoken to the Il's for 2 years now. They werent bothered about Lo or seeing her. Which is one of the many reasons they are no longer in our life

my mum sees my son about 4 times a week so nearly every other day we're very close whereas my mil only sees him once or twice a month (trust me thats plenty!!!) my son is extremely close to my mum and my grandmother he gets excited when we go and visit whereas he doesnt know who my mil is

We used to see my mum a lot, 3 times+ a week but now she's got a new fella and forgotten about everyone else its more like once a fortnight. Not sure about her dads mum, probably twice a week ish

My mother in law is lovely, so I can't complain at that. Think it's mostly the pregnancy hormones playing havoc with me right now and just wanting peace and quiet. That said, 2 or 3 times a day I'd say is still reasonable rather than daily, and think we'll cut it down to that once the newborn is here.

Eleanor doesn't really know my parents. They live in a different country and have never come over here to see her. We've gone to Holland quite a few times to see them, but not really in the last year ... so she hasn't seen them in the last 10 months or so.

we see my mum nearly everyday/every other day were close but we see mum in law & husband once every 6 weeks (they only lives 10 mins away but cant be arsed to come see him!) and fil never because hes a twat :)

my mum sees Daniel 3 times a week, but then, she is my child care provider when I am at work.

He sees my mum once-twice a week, OHs mum maybe once every ten days x

that would piss me right off as I like my space.

I am close with my Mum but we live 6 hrs apart so we see each other mabybe once every 6 weeks. We are moving back to my hometown next year and I'll prob see my mum two or three times a week

As for the inlaws I'll see them as little as possible, maybe once a mth but to be honest they are not that interested, well the MIL is not!

Aymen see's my mum twice a week at the least but it can be more depending on whats going on that week with DH as he'll sometimes pop over to my mums for a cuppa when im at work.

The IL's live abroad :( But if they were here, then they'd probably see him every other day.
When we go over to visit, i literally have to do nothing for Aymen which is a looooooovely break cos they just wanna spend as much time as they can with him as its difficult for them to travel over here.

Id HATE to be in your situation to be honest, everyday is just TOO much. That must really wreck any routine you have in place for LO.
I think setting some times/days is a good idea when bump arrives.

My ex-inlaws usually see Maria twice a week when my ex picks her up/drops her off cos they live 5 mins drive away from me. She never sees my parents cos they are in England.

We see my Mum nearly everyday because we live round the corner, so we go to her's most and she comes round on Sunday for dinner. He sees his other grandparents once or twice a week, but his dad and I aren't together.

We see my mum and dad once a year but every other year we see them twice, they live in Spain, we go out every summer but they only come to the UK every other year :)

OH's mum is only 40 mins down the road but we only see her every 8-10 weeks or so, purely because me and OH work full time as does she and DS has Ice Hockey Training every weekend, he is however going for the first 3 days of the school holidays to stay with her and then another 3 days the week after :flower:

My parents see LO about every 2 - 4 weeks. In laws havent seen him for months :shrug:

We go over to see my parents every Thursday and Sunday, my grandpa visits my parents both those days too so i go religiously as Frankie loves seeing them all. And sunday we all have a big roast.

We dont really see the inlaws.

We go over to see my parents every Thursday and Sunday, my grandpa visits my parents both those days too so i go religiously as Frankie loves seeing them all. And sunday we all have a big roast.
My mum often calls throughout the week to see us and she probably comes to ours once a week and we often pop in and visit them if were in the area or need sort something out or my oh wants to watch footie/formula 1/tennis with my dad we'll go over ect so we see them roughly 2-4 times a week x

We dont really see the inlaws.

My mom sees Callum once to twice a week generally, they only live a 20 minute walk away. With OH's mom she sees Callum once a week (usually a weekend) and with OH's dad he sees Callum about once a month xx

We aim for both my parents and inlaws to see him atleast once a week, some weeks it's a lot more and some we miss out but that's what our aim is!

I put once a week. But they see all three sets of grandparents between once or twice a week.

We see my dad every weekend really (sometimes in the week), my mum has them on Thursday afternoons and we see the IL's for tea once a week and sometimes they stop over at the weekend too.

Everynight to me though would be OTT and I would maybe suggest you going to them once a week for tea and inviting them for tea too and ask them to call before they go over?

My MIL lives about 3 hours away and we see her the most regularly, about every 6 weeks she comes to stay or we go to hers for a few nights which my LO loves :D My mum lives abroad and comes back once a year and we see my dad about twice or three times a year.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->