How often do your in laws / parents see your child?

My kids see OH's parents EVERY single day when we're home in Australia. We go to visit my parents in London 2-4 times a year staying for approx. 2 weeks - 2 months...
I'm in a similar situation to you. OH's family are so close and if they haven't seen you in 24 hours then it's like... you've bee gone for a billion years!!!! Everyday I see at least one of his 4 siblings. And then almost every night he goes to his moms house for an hour or too. And usually all of his siblings will be there or will make an appearance and they'll just sit there and gossip, fight, mess about or all of the above! Some nights they'll open up a bottle of wine, or on sunny days they'll spend the whole day at their parents (when they don't have work) and they'll use the pool and jacuzzi and have a barbeque... They still literally live with their parents! I love them, but seriously you need personal time. They don't need to be with each other every spare minute they get, it's not normal!

My mum sees her probably twice a week, My dad sees her probably 3 times a week maybe more, ILS once a week maximum, usually once every 2.

once a month as we live far :( if we had our way it would be a couple of times a week, my mum is my best friend and we talk on the phone every day, every day is too much though! you should only do what you are comfortable are with :hugs:

Prior to us moving, it was every day. My parents and OH's parents are neighbours, that's actually how I met him! Our parents are best friends too, so would happily walk in and out of each others houses.

Now that we live 2 and a half hours away, not a lot. We try to make it back to London every other weekend, but it's becoming hard and OH starts his new job on Monday so I really don't know what's going to happen.

My husband refused to move more than 5 minutes away from his mum :haha:
She hasn't been over for the last 2 nights, due to the little miss being ill and I have to admit I've really liked the quiet time.

It doesn't bother me so much as DH keeps BIL entertained in the kitchen (something he'd like to go without) and MIL keeps herself busy with Eleanor... but the noise levels, the constant running and non stop energy just before bed... I just can't deal with it right now.

I think I'll suggest a twice a week thing soon, we already go over on Sundays so she's still get to see Eleanor every other day. Alternatively she could come over mornings instead so I can get a bit of a lie in and she still gets her Eleanor time. Think I really want to cut down or out the right after dinner, just before bed visits though.

See my mother once a week.....actually that pees me off, shes only 5 mins away :growlmad:

See MIL about once a week too, shes very ill :(

See my dad about once every month, if that, and only if WE make the effort and drive the 50min drive up there with 3 kids and NO time......that pees me off too :growlmad:

Sometimes I wonder what family are for again?! :(

we see my parents around once/twice a wk.

we see his parents once every 3-4 wks, it has bn known to be 5-6wks at times. this is for a whole twenty mins or so.

they both live same distances.

his family are weird-full of the "love yous etc" but no actual effoert from them.

theyve never looked after my son, hes 5 now, never took him out, never babysat, never had him over for tea, never slept over, never even changed his nappy.

very very sad!!!

it averages out about one every 2 weeks although my mum is making alot of effort now im getting quite big and cant play as much with pop and the same for my mil although she dosen't make the effort but thats how there family has been you make the effort to see elders. i don't have much of a problem with it tbh the only thing i would like is if mil could maybe come and see us occasionally especially now im getting bigger and more uncomfortable. i really wouldn't want it every day!

My mum lives next door so she her loads and loads. MIL comes over on a Sunday for a few hours, that is enough for me!

OP you have my sympathies, I feel your pain!

FIL has seen my daughter EVERY single day since birth apart from when we have been on holiday or physically not in the same town as them. Husband comes from uber close family, would not agree to live more than 5 mins drive away from his parents and other siblings, if he doesn't see them every day he will speak to them every day and also message or speak to his sister every day, personally I find it suffocating and don't think PIL's are particularly good influence on my daughter, she starts misbehaving the minute she sees them and when she was younger FIL would come over just before bloody bed time and get her all excited and hyper right before bed.

My own family live over 1.5hrs away and we usually see them approx once a month. Wish I could see them more often as they seem to be a calmer less frenetic influence on our daughter.

I've voted 'less' as everyone lives so far apart it would be impossible to see each other very regularly. We are between Edinburgh and Glasgow, my Gran is in Dundee, MIL is in Aberdeen, my Dad is in Sarajevo soon to move back to the Far East.

I think we'd piss each other off if we were in each pockets anyway :p

On average it would have to be once a month for both, my parents may see Daniel when they are driving about but I dont think that counts. We used to see MIL every Sunday but that has changed to maybe once every 4-6 weeks. Sometimes I wouldnt see my parents for maybe 6-8 weeks and they only lives 4 streets away.

I put less, but it's not by either of our choice. We live 5000 miles apart.

I've voted 'less' as everyone lives so far apart it would be impossible to see each other very regularly. We are between Edinburgh and Glasgow, my Gran is in Dundee, MIL is in Aberdeen, my Dad is in Sarajevo soon to move back to the Far East.

I think we'd piss each other off if we were in each pockets anyway :p

Come to Dundee!!!!!! We can meet up :haha:

Kind of every other day although it's more like 3 days out of 7. I go round there every tuesday and thursday for some or most of the day. Then on Wednesday am i do my weekly shopping with my mum and my sister and it ends in us having lunch at my parents. My dad isn't always there as he works some of the days.
They also look after Esther for about 2 hours on a Monday morning as i help out at Daniel's school - this is something subject to change though.

We are quite a family orientated family. I see my sister most week days - although that will change when her child finishes at the school she and my son go to.

My children see my parents everyday.

We see OH's usually on occasions only.

My parents almost everyday. They live next door. MIL saw Omar twice only as she lives abroad. She didnt see Omar since he was one

my son sees his grandad every morning and his nan every afternoon as grandad does the school run ( because he wants to lol) and nanny and grandad see him in the afternoon as i work then they are so close bless em x

At the moment we see my parents 3 or 4 times a year, and the inlaws every few weeks. When we move back to Aberdeen next month, we will see the inlaws less. It's a 6 hour car trip for them, and will be a 10/11 hour trip to my parents in Brighton. There's no way I could cope with seeing family every day, we manage to fall out just speaking on the phone :lol:

My parents see Freya dn myself every day, we live about 10 minutes away :)

I love seeing them everyday because it helps me out alot, like now my mum has Freya til 4pm so I can do the house and then go over for tea.

My inlaws, well, his dad lives in Spain so very rarely, not going to go into it cos it can take all day but he says the right things and does the oposite.

My MIL she liveds in Sheffield, and she says she will come down more often but doesnt, shes seen Freya 3 times since shes been born.

She offered to buy Freyas christening dress - well give me the money. She never, she bought her the dresses herself, cheap tacky horrible dresses!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->