How often does a 3 month old feed per day on average?

sevenofnine

Reaction score
I am just wondering because I got this app on my phone so I could track feeds, and help me with putting her to nap on time (I way overestimate how long a baby can stay up) and for the past few days she's been eating every 2 hours during the day (3-4 at night).

But today, all of a sudden she only wants to eat every 3 hours or so. So it is really just a general question on how often a 3 month old (she's 13 weeks) would eat per day. Is every 3 hours acceptable for her age?

Thanks!

(Side note: The app is pretty cool... it seems like she starts getting tired after being awake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, and if I try right then, she will go down more easily for a nap and is out by 1 hour 45 minutes of wake time! It's called Baby ESP for those of you who are wondering. I have an android phone.)

My LO is 12.5 weeks old and feeds 7-9 times per day (usually 8) roughly every 3 hours in the day and between 3-5 hours during the night. I have been using a phone app to track feeds for a few weeks and couldn't do without it now!

My LO is 12.5 weeks old and feeds 7-9 times per day (usually 8) roughly every 3 hours in the day and between 3-5 hours during the night. I have been using a phone app to track feeds for a few weeks and couldn't do without it now!

It's really soooo helpful! I'm thinking she may have been sort of cluster feeding the past few days, because today she's back to normal.

The app is great! I am sooo glad I got it!

Thanks!

:thumbup:

My 13 week old is breastfed and goes 3.5-4 hours during the day and goes from 11pm - 7am!I express and give him an 8oz bottle at 8pm and 11pm which is why I think he sleeps through. He has about 7 feeds a day.

My LOs are both different. DS goes 8-10 hours at night them eats every 2-3 hours during the day (sometimes less if he is really hungry). DD goes 7-8 hours at night and every 3-4 hours during the day. I think each baby is different and has their own amount that they will eat.

BTW - My DD's name is Anika (different spelling but same name). I've never met anyone else who gave that name before. Just thought it was interesting. :)

Oscar eats every 3 hours during the day until 6pm. I then feed him at 6 and again at 8 he then goes until 0130am then up at 6 and back to 3 hourly (although he's stopped wanting to feed as soon as he wakes which is nice..I get about half an hour :) ) I have ye baby connect app for the iPhone and I've found it so useful! Wish I'd bought it sooner!

Cal is 15 weeks, since bout 9-10 weeks she's been every 3-4 hours so 7 x a day. Overnight, 1-2 feeds. 4-6 hours overnight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->