How often does your baby bottle feed??

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
How often does your baby bottle feed? Does there have to be set hours or can you feed them whenever they want it? Is there certain amount of bottles they can have in 24hrs...You can tell im clueless...im a new bottlefeeding mum and confused!!x

I let Hannah feed whenever I think she's hungry (although I do think that has resulted in some over feeding and as a result a couple of massive spit ups). It really varies from baby to baby, some babies feed a few ounces every couple of hours, Hannah generally eats 2 1/2 to 3 ounces every 3 hours. Sometimes more, sometimes less. I really let her dictate how much and when she eats as much as possible.

I feed on demand (when he wants it). When he was smaller I could touch the corners of his mouth and if he moved his mouth towards me I would give him some.
Right now he eats 6oz every 2-3 hours; he normally has 5-6 bottles a day.
There isn't a set amount for how much they are limited to; however, I think the least amount they are supposed to have is like 17-20oz in 24 hours.

I do the same, touch the corners of the mouth and if she moves her head in that direction we feed her :D

Hiya, i also fed my daughter on demand, she usually fed every 2-3 hours for the first 3 months (around 3oz)
you'll soon notice how often your baby needs feeding and how much, it's just trial and error i found.
good luck x

Charlotte feeds when she is hungry, usually every 3-4 hours, except at night when it is more like 5-8 hours.

Caitlin was every 3 hours at first - We would never wake her from her sleep to feed so if she went longer bonus then as time went on that longer between feeds was just in the night!

Now shes on 4 bottles a day morning, afternoon, evening & night/bedtime :D

Katie was on 8-9 feeds every 24 hours for a god few weeks then 8 feeds then 7 feeds for up till 3 months then 6. I just done it at her speed and fed her on demand rather than by the clock :)

I have to feed my son every 3-3 1/2 hours (I haven't got a choice, my health nurse told me this is how it has to be). He is drinking about 2 1/2 - 3 oz right now.

I feed my son 5 bottles a day. He is in a really good routine which makes it really easy for me.

I suggest reading the tin of formula as a guideline as every formula is different. At the moment my son is eating exactly what the tin suggests (his choice, its not forced) so they seem to be fairly accurate for the average baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->