How often to take OPK?

kazine

Meatballs for Two!
Reaction score
Okay I have been taking them every morning (I'm only on CD9 but its my first cycle off the pill so I wanna make sure I don't ovulate early. I'm seeing people testing multiple times a day though? What's that about? Been testing as soon as I wake up with FMU.

What's the reasoning behind taking them multiple times a day?

Hi
I buy cheap Ovulation sticks and test first thing in the morning and then just before I go to bed.
I seem to get my positive (backed up with a smiley CB digital) at night as i'm a night surger and by morning it's back to negative (I have a short surge apparently)

So you could well miss it if your only testing in the morning

You are supposed to test in the afternoon/evening and not use FMU (though to be fair I haven't found it makes a difference for me. I got a +opk this morning with my second urine of the day)

I test once a day until my tests really start to darken and/or I see a change in my cervical mucus. Then I'll start testing twice a day to be sure I don't miss the surge. I almost always have a long surge (when I get a positive OPK I'll keep getting them for almost 24 hours), but I didn't last month. I actually took an opk with me to a friend's when I knew it was coming and I'm so glad that I did because otherwise I would have missed my surge!

So I'd just watch your signs and take them more than once a day when you know ovulation might be on its way.

Exactly what Heatherlt said^

You can start by testing once a day and when you start getting a faint 'test' line, test twice a day. Semen can live internally for a few days (anywhere from 3-5 days) but to increase your chances, you should try to dtd every day mid cycle (if have an average cycle).

I just test once a day with Second morning urine. You can do the same and do one in the evening. Once you know when you are most likely to catch your surge you can test accordingly. I also confirm using CB digital. (gives a peace of mind to see the smiley face)

When I see my lines start getting darker, I start testing 2-3 times per day. My surge only lasts about 6-8 hours so if I don't test 2-3 times per day around O time, I would miss the surge and be left wondering if I even O'd at all that cycle.

CD18 + CD19 I had pos opk, the next two days faint - no lines, when would the ov likely happen??

That depends , if you chart you'll exactly know on which day after +ve you will OV to be on the safe side BD 3 days in a row after positive.
This time i had positive for two days i O'd next day of my second positive opk (confirmed by chart). Its different for different ladies. So keep Bding for 3-4 days. Just to cover your bases. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->