How often?

Pixxie

Mum to 1 little girl
Reaction score
How often do you DTD? What is the ideal 'schedule' in order to get duffed?

I'm determined this month, I think every 3 days is good? Also more achievable than everyday with a toddler and a partner who works nights!

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm ttc #2 and bloody knackered having dtd every other day since last thursday (4 times in a week!!! Thats ridiculous!!!). My OH was very not in the mood last night and although we managed it, there wasnt exactly much, ahem, man juice to go round! He was like - the tank is empty!!!!! So I REALLY hope we have managed it this month, it is starting to feel a bit like a chore. I think next month we might start later in my cyle, and maybe try and go for every third day too. I think whatever you do/however much you do it you probably dont feel like you've done enough when you're in the 2ww and wishing you'd just got one more session in to try and seal the deal! ;-)

lots of luck to you!! x

i've read recently that the best time to try and conceive is to have sex the week leading up to your ovulation. so the sperm live inside you for max 5 days and they are ready for when your egg is about to get released. (sperm take time to travel to the egg so if they are already waiting... you wont miss the egg)

That's also what I have read. The week before ovulation, every other day and on the OV day. They say that for men with lower sperm count it is important to do it every OTHER day instead of every day. I totally feel you on the chore part :/ Poor men end up feeling like sperm machines in the end. Good luck to you all :)

I think he has low sperm, it took me well over a year to get pregnant first time but he won't get tested so I don't know for sure. He also clams up when it's too much like 'trying' so every few days is easier to keep seeming spontaneous lol :haha: :winkwink: I'm not entirely sure when I ovulate but I'm on CD 7 now so suppose I should put the plan into action! I think it's about CD 16 but who knows!? Surely just :sex: all the time is the best plan of action? Lol

Me and OH have always DTD quite a lot since we met 7 years ago lol. 5 or 6 times a week can be quite normal for us. It's never less than 3 times a week. We make sure we never actually mention we are trying to make a baby just before DTD otherwise that is all it's about x

Sounds like us!! We used to BD a lot when we were trying for our 1st and even our 2nd but this go around I don't know if he is nervous as the thought of having 3 creeps in his mind or whatever but we sure don't BD as much as I would like, that's for sure!!! Like we BDed last night and in the middle of it he was like Im so tired and wanted to stop, Im like no your not buddy keep on going!!! LOL. He finished but he was so tired. Poor guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->