How old is too old?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant believe you have posted this in the over 35 section! even with your little disclaimer
Now i'm not trying to start anything, please don't feel like that. I'm not saying anything is wrong with ttc after 35. These are just my feelings.
it is so rude and we dont care if those are your feelings!

I will tell you with no doubt that 30 and above is NOT too old to be having kids, and I think that is a ridiculous statement to make in this section. I am 38 and feel the same as I did 10 years ago, what do you think magically happens at 30, that you need glasses and a walking stick??? my husband is 29 and I feel no different to him but in your eyes I am ancient.

When you were younger, did you ever think a certain age is too old to have kids, and now that you're ttc is it any different? Are there some that think they are too old but figure it's the only chance to ever have kids?
why do you need to know the answers to these questions? how does that help your life in any way? who cares what people thought when they were younger, everyone seems old when you are younger.

at least I know at my OLD age Im smart enough not to post something like this :dohh: so that means I will probably make a better parent too :kiss:

Amen Sista'!! I'm 30 and just started trying. I was WAYYY too much of an idiot in my 20s to have even considered becoming a mother. I'm glad that my hubs and I saved $$$ and got our Sh** together before jumping into conception. Your words made my night!!

It was just a question, not meant to get anyone riled up. It's just something new to me i guess with this friend, and was just wondering others perspectives on this. Not trolling, and it really doesn't have anything to do with my life personally, but i am really close to this friend. I guess it's hard on her.

16 is obviously not the ideal age to be having a baby as she might miss out on education and other life experiences, but if she has the support Im sure it will be fine.

I dont understand why her mum being pregnant at 33 is an issue? unless she doesnt have the means to support her current kids and the new baby.

I can see where it may sound trollish talking about someone else. She has support from her mom for her baby, they're happy and excited. Her mom will be supporting her financially, and her own baby too. She still has plans to continue school, it's just seems like an awkward situation is all, not so much an issue. Just got us thinking,that's all. And she's also worried she wont have the attention from her mom with the new baby, I think she's really worried about that, I keep trying to reassure her that it might bring them closer together.

30 is absolutely not too old, however 16 is WAYYYYY too young

Yea i am sorry, but we are not a scientific project here, we are beautiful responsible women who have working brains. I dont normally post something nasty but this i could not let go, its great your supporting your friend, but why come in here and make it seem like you think we are all way to old to TTC. Its just kind of rude and shows your lack of knowledge, oh and by the way i am 43, and proud to be TTC!!!!

I am also 43,and pregnant with my fifth and I am so proud :happydance:and I love this forum and theses over 35 ladies ,I have had more help,info and support on here over the last few months that I have ever had ,Also my gynae has never once mentioned my age also,I walk seven miles a day and my 28 year old friend can't keep up with me ,O and its my 44th birthday tomorrow:):) :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Bahahahahahaha!!!!!! As soon as I saw the name of this thread I just knew I HAD to read it. Glad you ladies were able to jump on this fool. I had lots of things to say (type) but you old ducks beat me to it. I'm getting kinda slow in my old age. :jo:

20!
I think 20 is too old to have a baby.

I firmly believe that if you are not a teenager, you're too old.

I also believe that if you are in a stable, long term committed relationship, you should not have a baby!

Furthermore, if you have an education and are financially stable, it's completely irresponsible to even consider getting pregnant. You should seriously consider getting permanently sterilized because you clearly have nothing to contribute to the next generation.

:rofl:

Too right. Any of us in a stable relationship with our finances sorted really ought to have our next pap smears done with super glue!!!

Nothing too add because all these other 'pensioners' have said it. So well done fellow old timers and I hope the original poster has got the message. I might start a new post called 'how thick is too thick'

You have all said what I would have wanted to say (go ladies!!)
Just another thought, birth control is an incredibly recent invention, it has allowed us to control when we give birth and then society used this to put boundaries on when and who should be having kids. But up to now women have had babies when they got pregnant, they had no choice. SO I ask you if nature says a woman can get pregnant and have a healthy baby who are you to decide you know better?? On top of that we live longer healthier lives than at any other point in human history, so why would we be reducing our reproductive years? Now I know I have used a lot of big words here so I´ll break it down and quote one of my fellow ttcs, if you can bleed you can breed!

Theres was to many expletives in my original post. So i'll change it to Well said girls. Gheese i'm livid.

Wendy
x

I'm pretty gobsmacked at the rudeness of the original poster starting this crap in a 35+ forum, maybe "I believe" that teenagers are too young to have kids, but I wouldn't start a thread to that effect in the Teen Mom section, that would clearly be inflammatory.

to say how old is too old just shows the ignorance of some people. yes in an ideal world everyone would have their babies when they were in their prime fertile years but unfortunately, for many many reasons, this isn't possible for everyone.

over 35's forums is exactly that so I suggest you hop your little ass over to the forums you should frequent and ask your idiotic questions there.

To the original poster - congratulation on insulting my mother, my grandmother and my MIL and ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for stating that in your opinion 30 is too old!

There is always a time and a place for everything and this was most definitely NOT the place for your thread!

I could say so much more and use language that you have never heard before but I am a mature, responsible woman who thinks about how my words and actions AFFECT others maybe you should go away and think long and hard about how your words and actions affect others!

Oh and whilst you're at it I strongly suggest you make one final post on this thread and APOLOGISE to all the fabulous, intelligent, responsible, caring, supportive, funny, mature women you have offended when you started this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am I reading this right?

You come in to TTC over 35 and state that anyone over 30 is too old to have a baby??

Yeah I don't think so......

Thread locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member