How old was your LO when they had their first McDonalds?

Miss MellyG

Mummy to Cheeky Charlie
Reaction score
This has been playing on my mind for a week or so now..

I went to see someone last week who had great pleasure in telling me that she took her son who is 8 months old to McDonalds & he had his first Happy Meal. She said it like she was so proud of him..

Now I dont want anyone to think I am judging them but I think I have a bit of a salt phobia when it comes to my 8 month old son. The thought of him eating one chip from Maccys scares me but a whole Happy meal?

Now am I just being over protective or is 8 months a bit too young?

Mel x

I have a salt phobia too when it comes to Grace. I wouldn't give her a full happy meal for a long while yet. The odd chip or little bite of chicken nugget would be ok at her age... 8 months though, tha's pretty shocking!

omg thats shocking!! maccys is my fave food in the whole wide world, but i wouldnt dream of giving it katie! like bex said, when she's older the odd taste of something isnt too bad, but a whole happy meal :shock:

I wont be giving Meadow maccy ds at all! Only if she asks for it and is of school age as a treat, maybe.

The boys only get it as a treat, we have never bought Hayden a full happy meal, maybe some nuggets. Even with the boys I trade in their fries for apple slices and they have milk or juice, never soda. I honestly can't remember the first time they tried it...I know Hayden and Casen were younger than Landon since by then Landon had them as treats so they were exposed to it before him...kwim? But def not that young

I probably should have said that Sam lol that's what I meant, I wouldn't give her one unless she asked and she would have it as a treat, my parents did the same with me. But obviously that will be a long while off yet

Ive always said Leo will only ever get Mcdonalds as a treat and i mean big treat. When he is much older mind! I wouldnt dream of giving him a full happy meal at such a young age. x

Woah....OMFG what did you say:dohh:

I'm no purist, Toby is 19months and I'm not pretending he's never had a couple of our Fatdonalds chips (with the salt licked off by daddy:rofl:) and a couple of nuggets:blush: but he's never even had a whole happy meal....what drink did he have? Coke:dohh::rofl: or those bloody awful Fruit Shoots that taste like undiluted codial:sick:

i've never even thought about this, not for a long time yet! and maddi can't have chips as she allergic to potato! certainly not before 2!

I dont eat it so courtney wont...!! However i cant say she wont EVER have one :shrug:

My Mums best friends LO was never allowed anything like that hes coming up to 6 and very smart so when he stays with his uncle he asks him if they can go :rofl:!! Kids are sooo appealed to it for some reason :dohh:

I dont eat it so courtney wont...!! However i cant say she wont EVER have one :shrug:

My Mums best friends LO was never allowed anything like that hes coming up to 6 and very smart so when he stays with his uncle he asks him if they can go :rofl:!! Kids are sooo appealed to it for some reason :dohh:

:rofl: at that LO! bless! i sometimes think they want what they can't have, so with maddi, i'm trying not to make any foods 'taboo' so she doesn't want it all the time, if that makes sense!

yeh i agree carly...! Id rather courtney to turn her nose up at it rather than think its such a special treat IYKWIM!?

i think 8 months is too young for a macdonalds, i do give zane some junk food myself but he wont be having a macdonlads till hes about 3yrs old maybe older.

personaly i think it looks terrible when u see babies and small toddlers eating from a fast food place, but then again others can say that about me letting zane have afew crisps and magic stars lol

i used to work in an american diner.... i called it a glorified macdonalds :rofl: the food is better quality! But one time I saw an 8 month old with a chicken nugget kids meal to him self :shock: I wouldnt order courtney her own meal even now!! she just has a bit of ours... within reason of course :)

I was one of those that always vowed "I'm never giving my kids junk food". Alot of my vows have since gone by the wayside since as most Mums would know!!!

My daughter is now 3 and has probably been to McDs about 3 times since she was 2. Each time was treat and now she knows that and it willl always be treated as such. Just be sensible about it - orange juice instead of coke etc........she hardly ever eats the food anyway - a few chicken nuggets and she's done!

I'm not going to give Seren a McDs for a long time, not until she's a few years old anyway. When I was younger it was a very rare treat that I had any takeaway food so I want to have that for Seren aswell. I would never give anything like that to Seren at 8months, that is way way to young imo.

I would do almost anything for a quarter pounder with cheese meal now!

No chance of me buying Sam food there at the moment, but I love it :blush: ...I have sucked the salt off a couple of chips for him when I couldn't resist a quick burger on my way home the other day though! I'm a very healthy pregnant person, honestly :lol: x

My flos almost 9 months now and certainly not yet, if i cant name the ingredients in her food, and i mean all of them shes not having it at the min. Im sure shell have one at some point and i dont mind that but whilst shes this age and i can control everything she eats i feel its my resposibility to make sure its all good stuff.
I dont understand why youd give your kids junk food at that age when theyd be juyst as happy with some strawberrys or a bit of mango :(

re all of the above.. this is how I feel.

I was absolutely gobsmacked when she told me.. I never thought to ask her what he had to drink etc. She gave him cheesy wotsits when he was about 2 months old so should have expected it really...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->