How on board is your OH?

Celesse

Reaction score
When we where TTC / NTNP #1 OH was ok with us trying, but actually thought that it would mean months and months of extra sexy and random acts of horniness. I don't think he has got over the fact we got pg first cycle.

Currently I am breastfeeding my 7.5month old, my periods haven't returned and we are not using any contraception. She has been weaning for about 2 months, so in my mind we are NTNP. My fertility could return at any time and ovulation precedes the return of AF. I have also discussed how we are letting nature decide when we have the next baby with friends, family, co-workers, MIL, the postman (well not actually the postman, but you get the picture).

However OH seems pretty avoidant on the subject. He knows we could get pregnant, he doesn't make any effort to use contraception or ask me to, but at the same time doesn't seem that enthusiastic about actually getting pregnant again. He kind of has the attitude that its an inevitable occurrence that is neither positive or negative. Yesterday after we DTD he said with a big sigh, "I bet you've ovulated"!

How "involved" are your partners? Are they joining in the trying for a baby bit of NTNP, or are they just going along as normal but without contraception?

I am really desperate to get pregnant but I didn't want to time ovulation so we just said we would stop contraception. From day one my husband has been , oh so you could be pregnant right now, he did the same the first time we BD after I came off AF. He has been encouraging me to test which is not what I need right now as it makes be obsessive. If I got Ov sticks I am sure OH would be happy to donate his sperm at the required time - lol . But then he was the one who said for me to come off the pill. I don't know how he will feel after No 1, I think he wants a bigger gap than I do but I am not planning on going on the pill and want to breast feed and in my opinion that's enough contraception. If he wants to take other precautions then that's fine but I know he couldnn't be bothered.

x

My OH is pretty on board. He gets fussy if I try and tell him that because it's around the right time then we have to make sure that the swimmers go where they are supposed to go and not in his favourite place for them to go :eek: :haha: He gets all 'but we're supposed to just be NTNP not TTC boo-hoo etc' but now I have said to him that, as my follicular phase is quite short, he only has to go without those for about 10 odd days and then after that he has 17 odd days where he can have just the other if that's what he wants so I don't see the harm in just making sure they only go in the right place just for that short time and he seems to be ok with that. He has been a bit more 'helpful' this month as he knows that this is likely to be our last cycle NTNP untilFeb/March and he knows I am desperate to do it this month and not have to wait!!

I think he has got more 'on board' with it as the cycles have gone past, in the beginning I was very covert with it all, didn't want to let him know when I was Ov'ing etc etc as I didn't want to put him off but it was him who then started encouraging me to do OPK's and asking when it was the right time and stuff, he knows my cycles about as well as I do now...except for when something unusual goes on with them and then he is always interested to know what happened and how it changes things....I think maybe I am just a walking Biology experiment to him!!

xxx

Yours sounds like mine

DH just says get on with it and has no real opinion on it only that he wants another child at some point be it now or in a year or two.
he wants to get to the TTC stage though asap so we can have sex again like rabbits. Typical bloke!

I asked him last week when I was convinced I was pregnant if he'd be happy and he said of course he would. We've just bought a new house and we always refer to the spare room as babies names room.

I asked him if he wanted to know that i was possibly ovulating and he said yes for the moment

I think once we're properly NTNP we'll just enjoy the 'ride' and see where we are early next year

So at the moment he's fab but I always have to bring the topic up!!

my oh is fully on board.he wants to know everything which i love as it means i have someone to talk to about it face to face.:happydance:

Mine doesn't want to know anything. He said its a good time & we can start trying whenever I want, but doesn't want to know its happening until its too late! I think he's worried about the pressure & that he might change his mind if pushed too hard. I'm quite happy with that, it kind of takes the pressure off me & I can't wait to see his face when I show him my bfp!

Mine doesn't want to know anything. He said its a good time & we can start trying whenever I want, but doesn't want to know its happening until its too late! I think he's worried about the pressure & that he might change his mind if pushed too hard. I'm quite happy with that, it kind of takes the pressure off me & I can't wait to see his face when I show him my bfp!

Snap! :D

My OH knows I really want it, and he does too, but I think he'd prefer it to just 'happen' rather than have to think about it all the time iykwim? He actually said he thought it would just happen accidentally one day (not with me, I was very good at taking my pills on time) and then he would just adjust to it. He seems perfectly happy though with the BDing, I was worried he wouldn't be able to finish but all seems to be well in that area. :blush:

Once it happens he'll get used to it and get into the right headspace, but it's hard for him to do that until something actually happens. He does talk about it though, we've discussed names and stuff and the other day he was talking to me about cots and where baby will sleep (he thought they had to stay in their parents room till they were 2! :haha: )

My hubby is a keen bean!

Once or twice after :sex: he said 'we might have made a baby'. I had to then explain that we wouldn't have as it was the wrong time!!

AF arrived for ages at the start of last week (the first real one after coming off BCP). Once it left I had 2 days clear but then had spotting for a day which I told him about. He said why don't I POAS as some people have periods when they are pregnant! :shrug:

I felt so bad refusing but there is no way on earth I'm pregnant after that AF and didn't want to waste a test! Didn't realise he was that eager about getting pregnant first cycle! Bless him!

Blimey, I guess they could stay in your room til they were 2 if you were happy with a 2yr 9month age gap between your babies!

Snap! :D

My OH knows I really want it, and he does too, but I think he'd prefer it to just 'happen' rather than have to think about it all the time iykwim? He actually said he thought it would just happen accidentally one day (not with me, I was very good at taking my pills on time) and then he would just adjust to it. He seems perfectly happy though with the BDing, I was worried he wouldn't be able to finish but all seems to be well in that area. :blush:

Once it happens he'll get used to it and get into the right headspace, but it's hard for him to do that until something actually happens. He does talk about it though, we've discussed names and stuff and the other day he was talking to me about cots and where baby will sleep (he thought they had to stay in their parents room till they were 2! :haha: )

Mine has said he'll be in denial til baby arrives, so I give him a couple of cycles before losing interest :rofl:

He does talk about it though, we've discussed names and stuff and the other day he was talking to me about cots and where baby will sleep (he thought they had to stay in their parents room till they were 2! :haha: )

Wow! Imagine that! No one would ever be able to TTC number 2 for a while!!:haha:

I know, bless him, he's very new to all this. :haha: So am I really, but I spend all my time reading about it on the internet. :rofl:

My baby co-sleeps...as in sleeps in the same bed. And her cot only has 3 sides and is attached to our bed if she decides to sleep in it. We either make new babies on the sofa or wait til she is asleep in the cot bit and stop if she wakes. Mostly its the sofa atm.

Oh blimey yes, co-sleeping must put a bit of a dampner on any bed-related fun! :haha:

My OH is confusing,

Two years ago while being intimate he said "I want you to have my baby"

Nothing happens after that.

Then when my dad came over, he says to us "I'll come more often if grandkids are here." OH grins like a loon.

A few months ago OH says "We will have a baby when I think your ready."

Few nights later he says "I can hold of my sperm, if I couldn't you would be pregnant now." o_O

Then finally a month ago he goes "We can have a baby when you are comfortable with me." WTF

I Don't bring up anything about babies, he does. It's like got to think of having a baby soon I'm almost in my late 20s. We have been together for well over half a decade.

My DH is kind of sort of possibly on board. :haha: He said he is fine with NTNP as long as we have fun with it this time. I guess me coming in the bedroom, waving my OPKs in his face was not attractive :shrug:

Go figure!:haha:

hahahaha! Mr Thomas you made me laugh.

The thought of all the sexy things we do for our men, lingerie, dress up so on so forth, then the ultimate sex enhancer....the wee covered OPK hahaha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->