How Popular is Ava

alibaba24

Reaction score
This is a name I do really like but the fact is SO popular always put me off.

How many Ava's do you know? and should I be letting this bother me

DD is called Rosalie and iv lost count of the comments I get "never heard that before" I have noticed now though Rosalie is increasing in popularity

Is having a popular name that bad really. because we cant stop trends happening after our lo's have their name?

im rambling :rofl:

I know of 2 Avas and they're a couple of years apart too :)

I work at a daycare, so I know Ava is SUPER common. Just in my daycare alone, right now, there are 3 "Ava"s within a year apart (2 and 3)

I've also known TONS of Ava's being involved in childcare.

It's not a bad thing to love a popular name...There's a reason it's popular after all!! I love the name Jacob but look how popular that is!

Ava is the kind of name you can add things to to make it a little more unique, if preferred, such as:
Ava-Marie/Avamarie
Ava-Claire
Ava Sophia
Ava Leigh (could also make this into a unique name "Avalee" or something)

Similar options could be:
Evangeline
Aiyla (Ay-lah)

Good luck!

I personally dont know any Ava's, i know someone has recently called there baby girl Ava & thats all. I personally like Eva and its in my top list :)

In 2012 Ava was the 5th most popular name in the U. S. according to Baby Zone.

I'm struggling with this as well.... I love the name Ava but so does everyone else. I've never met an Ava before but that's because it's all kids that are named that. Like the above poster said number 5 in the us.... I'm considering Audrey or Aubrey as an ulturnitive.

There were 1497 Avas born in Australia last year making it n.10 . I've met 2 of them.

My dd is Sophia which is n.12 and this one will be Sienna which is n.15. I tried looking for names that werent so popular but couldnt find any I loved as much. If you love it, go for it. Yes its a common name, but your daughter will make it unique for those that know her.

I really loved the name Ava but, like you, was worried about the popularity of it. So it's went on the middle name list and our LO ended up penny Ava. I personally have not met any Ava's but I know it is coming increasingly popular. But if its a name u love then do it!!

My name is Karen and my OH is Chris. Having grown up with names that everyone has,made me determind to find names that were uniquer for my children. The first three were born before computers were everywhere so I had no access to statistics and could only go on my extensive lists of names I'd nursed at work and people I knew. For my first I chose Joseph Luke. There were no Josephs in the family and in all my time nursing I'd only come accross one. I never met another till we took him to playgroup the first day and there we met two more :(
Number two we chose Oliver on the same grounds, got to playgroup on the first day and there were three there :(
Number three we got a book out of the library and chose Eden. This is our only sucess although we do have one more at the local senior school.
This time is the first time I have had access to the name tables and have instantly disregarded many names on their popularity Isaac being one of them. I still love the names, but having grown up as a Karen ( at one stage there were four of is living in a row!) I want to choose something rarer (although knowing my luck so will everyone else!)
If you like Ava then go for it, it is a pretty name and as I know well, choosing something unique doesn't guarnatee that it will stay that way

personally I have never met an Ava or heard of one (except on eastenders!!)

Thanks for the responses everyone Its such a tough call. OH still loves Eva which is so similar.... argh! Im really thinking of just waiting until shes born and seeing what comes to me xx

I say if you love it go for it.

I know a handful of Avas under the age of 10.

But as someone with one of the most popular names in North America in the 80s (Jessica) it in no way has hindered me or held me back. Its my name, its not something that has defined me. I have defined it.

My daughter is Ava Jane.

I know 1 other Ava.....I hate that it's popular now but I love the name regardless

Where I live Ava is very common but I've only heard of Ava's under the age of 5 (or there abouts!)- Most often I hear it shouted across the park, the swimming pool etc.

It's a pretty name though, I'd still use it! Just with a less common middle name (I hear "Ava Mae/May!" a lot lol)

I am a substitute teacher and a pre-school teacher. That means I see about 120 different kids a week!
Ava is very common.
Which is sad, I have ALWAYS wanted to name my daughter Ava, now I know she would be what any Ashley was when I was in school. I had FIVE Ashleys in my third grade class. I have two Avas in my two year old class alone. C'est la vie.
I feel the same way about Atticus.

I know what u mean, I Love Ava and its one of my top two girl names, but it's popularity does put me off slightly, I know two Ava's. I'm hoping that by the time I have a little one (2years), it won't be so popular x

I only know one Ava myself. I like it, and it doesn't seem overused to me.

I dont know any Avas but I hear it a lot at parks etc...

been hearing Olivia a bit too recently

My name is Jessica and that is crazy common, like I can think of six Jessicas my age right now. But it never bothered me, and I love my name and think it is pretty.

I do want to give my kids more unique names since I didn't have that but I don't care that mine isn't unique. Wouldn't let it bug you!

I do know of three girls named Ava under the age of 5. :( It used to be THE name for me ten years ago. Then Reese Witherspoon's daughter made it popular again.

I've heard of people naming their baby Eva and pronouncing it Ava, like it is done in Germany, Mexico, and Spain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->