How pregnant am I?

bbymc

Reaction score
Heres my story...

Ive just found out i'm pregnant. This is my forth pregnancy. We werent trying to conceive but had planned to start soon.

I had a period in september and we dtd once, unprotected in October, which was at the beginning of my fertile time. I went on to have what I would class as a normal period at the end of October so I reasoned that I wasn't pregnant.

After that period ended we had one night of fun. But no actual sex and no opportunity for sperm to make me pregnant that i'm aware of. It may have been just in my fertile time. But im not sure.

I got period pains really bad right when I expected my next period. Didnt think much of it as Im still breastfeeding my daughter. Woke up last saturday feeling really sick (period about a week late by then) so tested and got a strong positive (and a 3+weeks prediction on a clearblue).

So, in short, I had one time of unprotected sex but then a period. Then one time of sexual contact, unlikely to have resulted in sperm getting where it needs to go ( no sex) and then no period and a BFP.

So, how pregnant am I? Could I have conceived and then had a period? Or is it more likely we conceived through sexual contact?

As a side note. Every other of my pregnancies I have felt really sick by week 5 and on antisickness meds within a week or so.

If youve made it this far, thanks for reading. Whats your thoughts? Xx

I would bet almost anything you got pregnant before your last "period." Based on the tests and the 3+weeks thing that seems most likely to me.

When I was in the first tri with my daughter, firstborn child and first pregnancy, I bled a lot and in a way that could have made me think period. With my second child, it was totally different. And now with this child, yet again 100% different lol. So basing stuff off past symptoms is, I can promise you, pointless. Which sucks haha. Before this positive test I woiuld have SWORN I was not and could not be preggo.

I agree with the PP. The bleeding you had was implantation bleeding.

I agree with kneeswrites, especially since the Clearblue digital tests don't count the first 2 weeks before you ovulate. So when you took the test you very well could have been at least 5 weeks pregnant already. How heavy was you period? Did it last as long as your period normally lasts? Also, some women have their "period" throughout their entire pregnancy.

I agree with kneeswrites, especially since the Clearblue digital tests don't count the first 2 weeks before you ovulate. So when you took the test you very well could have been at least 5 weeks pregnant already. How heavy was you period? Did it last as long as your period normally lasts? Also, some women have their "period" throughout their entire pregnancy.

My period was just as it normally is. Flow and no. of days as I would expect. Defo didnt cross my mind that it was something else. It was bang on time too.

When I was due the next period, it didnt come and I just assumed it was late because I'm still breastfeeding and thought that had thrown me off. I got seriously bad period pains in the days leading up to when it should have been too. I tested 5 days after my missed period and got a strong positive in about a minute on an internet cheap hpt. The clear blue came up 3+weeks in about 3 mins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->