How quickly do the lines get darker on HPTs ?

ronshi

Reaction score
Hi Girls!

Hope you can help me out.

When I was pregnant before I only used digital HPTs so I could see clearly they were positive (what a thrill even remembering them....:happydance:).

I lost that baby, but we're trying again.
I started testing about 5 days ago (using cheapie internet strips- you know...the ones with the blue part and the absorbent part?)

Anyway....I first got clear BFNs but for the last 3 days I can see a little something- like an evap (sorry I couldn't upload them! :dohh:)
If I was preg wouldn't they have gotten darker after 3 days?

Hoping a poas addict can shed some light!!!
xxxxxx

Sorry for your loss.

HPTs are invalid after a specific amount of time...Mine say 10 minutes. So, if they were a :bfn: at the time up, I'm afraid that's what the result should be read as.

That being said, with my first 3, the + line came up immediately as the pee traveled up the stick; with my last, I gradually faded in, though within the time period specified in the instructions.

Oh, and I should add, depending on what DPO you tested, it's possible to still get that :bfp: in a few days. You're not out until AF shows up!!! Good luck.

Sorry, I meant to say a darker (individual) strip each day, testing everyday xx

Well for some hun the tests never get darker really. If the line comes up in the time you are pregnant - even if it is faint. Mine were only faint and I did about 15 over a 2 weeks period (4-5 weeks preg) Only when I tested again about 7-8 weeks was my test REALLY dark. In reality too this was after my baby had passed away but I didn't find out til I was nearly 13 weeks gone.

They are only designed to tell you if there is HCG in your system - not how much. You could try testing with a digi? x x x

And ps! I hope it is your BFP hun! That would be a great Valentines gift! x x x x

i still took notice of mine after the time elapsed and theyve all been corect and cheap £1 for 2 strips..
very faint line 5 days before missed period like really really faint and got stronger with each day i did one good luck xx

HCG doubles every 48 hours so lets say u tested today and got faint line chances are tomorrow u test u will get the same faint line BUt if u was to wait till day after chances are the line gets a tad or alot darker (depending on how fast u urself double in HCG it diff for every woman) but if u have tested say over 4 days running and ur getting same line and its after time limit is up then its defo evaps, the cheapy strips ur using are notorious for evaps i gave them up about 6 months ago due to having my heart broken monthly from evas for af to only show on time, id defo say if ur not sure if its line or evap go get a frer and the result from that will be the most accurate one u could get outside of blood testing :winkwink: good luck hope its ur :bfp: huns try upload that pic if u get a chance huns :flow:

Oops, sorry hun, I misunderstood...thought you meant the same one getting darker over time.

Well for some hun the tests never get darker really. If the line comes up in the time you are pregnant - even if it is faint. Mine were only faint and I did about 15 over a 2 weeks period (4-5 weeks preg) Only when I tested again about 7-8 weeks was my test REALLY dark. In reality too this was after my baby had passed away but I didn't find out til I was nearly 13 weeks gone.

They are only designed to tell you if there is HCG in your system - not how much. You could try testing with a digi? x x x

I'm so sorry about you losing your little baby. I lost my last one around the same time. Thanks for giving me hope about the tests.

I'm really excited- I just got a digital HPT to use in the morning. They're crazy expensive but they say pregnant or "not pregnant and that's the type of reassurance I need. Good luck trying again sweetie xxx :hugs:

i still took notice of mine after the time elapsed and theyve all been corect and cheap £1 for 2 strips..
very faint line 5 days before missed period like really really faint and got stronger with each day i did one good luck xx

Wow! That's inspiring! I don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight with all the excitement!:happydance: Thanks xxx

I got 4 digi with conception indicator off ebay for £12 if you want def confirmation they're cool hx

I got 4 digi with conception indicator off ebay for £12 if you want def confirmation they're cool hx

That sounds great! Were they the clearblue ones? Here they cost 12.50-17euros a pop! It's kind of depressing cos they've gone up about 20% since the last time we were trying :growlmad:

Thanks a million and good luck to you hun- it's not the first time you've given good advice!:hugs:

Yep - the clearblue - in the shops they're £10 for 1 - bonkers! I'm just going to keep cruising ebay for good deals!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->