How realistic are you?

HippyMumma23

Reaction score
About how long it will take you to concieve when you finally do?

I dont think Im being realistic if im honest, I keep thinking once we start TTC it would only take up to 3 months. We concieved our son pretty much straight away and I think Im going to end up disappointed if that doesnt happen again!

How realistic are you?

I try not to even think about it because I know if I did I would be seriously unrealistic and then end up heartbroken because it didn't happen the first time we got it on!

Did the cleaning and the hoovering I said I had to do HippyMumma23 ! LOL

I have seen so many people it takes ages to get pregnant that I suppose I won't be at all surprised if it does not happen soon. The only thing is that after 6 months I will get some help in the form of tracking when I OV so to make sure I BD then, and after 1 year I would search other help. I suppose I have totally assimilated this so nothing will surprise me.

I managed to get my hoovering done! hehe!

I wont be using OPK's (to start with anywa) and I tell myself that I wont be POAS every two mins, but I will be! I think after 6 months I would start using OPK's though.

Alot of people I know have taken a long time to get pregnant aswell.

I would expect it to be pretty quick as I chart and will know when the fertile days are. On the other hand, I'm in my 30s and will be two years older than last time. That can have a big impact. I'm also making assumptions about my body. My cycle has not resumed yet and I wonder if I'm going to have to make a choice between breastfeeding and TTC?
I guess I'm trying to prepare myself for a tougher time of it next go round, but I'm hoping it will be quick? :)

I havent really thought about it, Im hoping that it wont take too long and that we can catch whilst NTNP, but if not then i'll start usng OPK's and things in Sepetemmber when we officially TTC.
I have a feeling it wont happen straight away, me and my body dont get on very well lol xx

I'm just trying hard not to put a timescale on things TBH (which is hard when you're an organisational freak like me!!), but I am hoping it will happen quickly. I figure that as long as I'm giving myself the best chance (with having a healthy lifestyle) then I am doing all I can :)

We are just going to go with it (although may be a bit of a spanner in the works today :( ) and it will happen when it happens. If after a year or so there is nothing then we would speak to our GP but I just hope to fall sometime in that period.

I think expectations can lead to more disapointment with things like this.

xxx

I think we will get pregnant fast. I am younger and hopefully still very fertile... so I dont see any problems.

I am not holding out much hope on getting pregnant fast, I am well prepared for it to take at least a year as i have endo and know it can make getting pregnant more difficult

I honestly think I will fall between 3-6 months. . .
&& will get upset if I don't after 7 or 8 months

Maybe it's just wishful thinking? lol

= ] xx

Im prepared for a long wait due to an older, smoking partner! xxx

I think I'm deluding myself that I'll get pregnant quickly (ideally within a month or two of when we start trying) but I'm worried that it will take a...g...e...s as I've been on the pill for around 10 years.

However, I'm not planning on using OPK's etc for at least the first few months as I'd like to just see how it goes and not get too obsessed.

I am hoping a few months, if it was any more than six I think i would go a bit crazy lol.

although I concieved quickly with my son I'm not expecting it to be quick next time

I guess i have my hopes up to that it would happen soon, but deep down i do know it could take a long time. Guess we would cross that bridge when we get to it.
x

I think that anywhere in 6 months is fast, but up to a year is what i thought...but i guess i have no idea cos Tabs was when i was on the pill.

I have absolutely no idea! I like to think it will happen pretty much straight away but who knows! We tried for 4 months with Lucy but then gave up and thats when I got pregnant! Id like to think i'll be pregnant by August but theres no telling with these things. I know i'll be disappointed if it doesnt happen soon though

Why do you all think it takes so long? A healthy, regularly ovulating person should be able to get pregnant easily...

I think it is something that you simply cant predict. I know that my parents tried for a couple of years to have me and ended up using clomid but then had no trouble at all with my brother and sister.

My cousin conceived her first straight away but it took 6/7months for her second. My friend also conceived her first straight away but (unless she is now in the early stages of pregnancy) she has been alledgedly trying for about 9mths for her second.

My SIL didnt take too long to conceive my niece but then spent five yrs and 2 IVF cycles to conceive my newphew.

I guess there is no hard and fast rule as to how long it will take. Sometimes people are amazing lucky and it doesnt take any time at all and for others it takes much longer! Despite what school sex ed leads you to believe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->