How should I dress my newborn when leaving the hospital?

MrsH1980

Mummy to Myka
Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry if this is a totally dumb question - what is the best plan of action in terms of dressing a newborn for the return car ride home from hospital?

I am due 6th march so am conscious about it being cold and being a first timer I have absolutely no clue.

I am thinking vest, sleep suit, hat but what then? a cardigan? wrapped in a warm blanket? snowsuit? He/she will be in a car seat if that makes a difference?

Please help meeeeeeeeeeeee!:cry:

my son was born in december and i bought him home in a vest, sleepsuit snowsuit, hat and wrapped a blanket round his legs for outside as it was freezing x

My baba is due 16th march and I will be dressing him in a vest, sleepsuit, cardigan, hat , mittens and put a big cosy blanket on him in the carseat.

I have packed: vest, sleep suit, mittens, pram suit, hat plus blankets.

I think it's best to layer up so you can take off layers easily if the LO gets too hot in the car etc.

My baby was born end of october and she wore a vest, sleepsuit and a snowsuit. She loves her snowsuit because it is nice and warm.
X

I've packed a vest, sleepsuit and snowsuit, along with a hat and mittens and a blanket. I also have a little set of dungarees with matching top in case the sleepsuit is too small.

It's been quite frosty here the past few days though, so I'd imagine it will be quite cold on the way home.

Mines due March 14th, I have just bought a adorable dress with long sleeves and tights for her to wear home. She will prob have a vest underneath, a hat and a pram suit. snug as a bug. I tried to upload a photo of the dress but I'm not sure how!
xxx

My LO was born in May and came home in a vest, and 2 piece sleepsuit thingy, hat, cardigan and blanket.
I would take a snowsuit thingy and something lighter so your prepared either way

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->