• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

How should we spell this name?.....

BabyBubbles

Expecting number 2!
Reaction score
So me and the dh have chosen a name for our little man (for now lol) but can't agree on spelling. What do you think?

Olly
Ollie
Oli

Opinions please!!!

Personally prefer Ollie then Olly then Oli (never seen it spelt this way though) x

i also voted ollie i just think it looks rite if u no what i mean also i love the name so cute!! xx

Thx ladies, its the dh that likes Ollie, I prefer Olly, I thought the ie looked a bit girly lol

Ollie is how my bro Oliver shortens his name, I like it!

x

We thought of this name for lo but fil gfs cat is called. I love ollie tho.

Hi hun, I personally prefer the spelling Ollie

I think Ollie would be the most common way people would think of when they hear the name, any other spelling and he might end up having to actually spell out his name for everyone because of them using the spelling of Ollie as an assumption of the name.

I really like the name!! Are you going Oliver with Ollie as nickname, BTW I vote Ollie out of the choices. Very clever and cute ;)

I like Olly best! I think the ie is very girly!

My friend is called Oliver and he shortens his name to Oli xx

My son is Oliver but we call him Ollie. However everybody seems to spell it differently and a few of my friends address things to him with Oli oir Olly on it. I guess its just what you prefer.

Thx ladies, its the dh that likes Ollie, I prefer Olly, I thought the ie looked a bit girly lol

hi ya ie endings on names are meant to be girly y is usually for a boys name. i dont think it really matters tho with olly ollie. i have friends with it spelt both ways so its personal choice really i do prefere olly tho.

also i think the spelling olly would look good for a child or an adult, were as ollie looks like it would suit a child more than an adult.

My son's called Oliver & we shorten it sometimes, but have never written it down, so don't think we've thought about how to spell it. We have a friend who's Olivier & shortens it to Oli which I like, (& easy for my husband to remember)!!

Jayne

I know both an Olly and an Ollie.
But I prefer Ollie :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back