how soon after having a baby can you diet?

bellaloo

Reaction score
My baby is coming up 3 weeks. Can I start a diet or should I wait until I've had my 6 week check?

Are you breastfeeding? If you are breastfeeding, you really shouldn't cut too many calories from your diet so your milk supply wouldn't be affected but you can start healthy eating anytime :) It will never hurt you or your baby for you to eat a healthy, balanced diet. Exercise is the main thing they say to wait until your 6 week check to do much with. I was just told no strenuous exercising until my 6 week check and until then could walk or do very low impact aerobics. :thumbup:

I may be a naughty Mummy, Im not sure? But as I wasn't breastfeeding I started dieting when my LO was 2 weeks old. I saw pictures of myself and hated it! Went from 11st (heavily pregnant) to 8st 2 now. was 9st10 before getting pregnant. Best thing I ever did.. Besides my LO ;) x

I may be a naughty Mummy, Im not sure? But as I wasn't breastfeeding I started dieting when my LO was 2 weeks old. I saw pictures of myself and hated it! Went from 11st (heavily pregnant) to 8st 2 now. was 9st10 before getting pregnant. Best thing I ever did.. Besides my LO ;) x

wow that's amazing! How long did that take?

Erm, I started the third week In January, I finished at the end of March.. But I still diet on and off to maintain my weight. :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->