How soon can a jumperoo be used?

stepmum

Oliver's Mummy
Reaction score
Oliver's gran has got him a leapfrog activity station for christmas but was supposed to be getting him a jumperoo and because I'm impatient and wanted the jumperoo for him because they are recommended and he has all the other rainforest stuff I have just ordered one for him instead.:happydance:

I don't want him to be overwhelmed at Christmas cos he's already quite a few things already so can I give him the jumperoo now?? His legs are still quite short, he's just going into 0-3 now so I doubt they will touch the ground for him to bounce. Can he sort of hang bounce? Is that safe or are they not bouncy enough for that?:shrug: How old was everyone's LO's when they first used jumperoos?

We put both Owen and Alexa in their jumperoon when they were in clothes aged 0-3 months (Alexa is still in the same size now and is nearly 9 months!) Neither of them can touch the floor yet so we put a blanket underneath to enable them to be able to place their feet completely flat.

Age wise my two were around 7 months and both had really good head control.

It's when your baby can hold their head up unsupported(so no floppiness etc) that's it really!

Were keeping Amelias for christmas but I think shed be absolutely fine to go in it now x

I would advise as soon as you think they are ready put them in it! Christmas is a way off in terms of growing baby. I feel like I probably only got about 3 months use out of ours after I decided to get one and now Jamie refuses to go in it! Now he can stand up he prefers to climb around the outside of it so I'm hoping No 2 will get some better value from it!

Sophie got hers last Christmas - she was 9 months actual, 6 corrected, and around 14lbs in weight. We had to put a cushion under her feet for her to bounce on as she was too small to reach the floor but she was fine in it apart from that.

O/T - toothfairy - Congratulations!!!!!! I didn't know :) :hugs:

xx

hello! Don`t want to contradict anyone`s experiences but here all preemies born before 28 weeks get physiotherapy. Our therapist said absolutely no jumpers or anything of the sort for preemies. Since early preemies spend so much time laying flat in beds, instead of curled up in a ball, their extender muscles (that you use for stretching, pushing) are overdevelopped, and their flexers (for pulling, folding your legs, etc) are underdevelopped. My own son was certainly stiff as a board heh, and the therapy helped him develop a more balanced body strength.

Then again my own neonatalogist doctor shrugged and said he wasn`t convinced preemies needed physio at all - so who knows :haha:

We're off to see the physio today, I will ask her, as I have recently asked a similar question on another thread. Anya's legs aren't very strong and I wondered if a jumperoo or entertainer would help her. xx

I was told not to use a jumperoo or entertainer at all. :( It's not good for their joints as it's only supporting from the pelvis. xx

I was told not to use a jumperoo or entertainer at all. :( It's not good for their joints as it's only supporting from the pelvis. xx

Although they don't recommend them its entirely your choice as lots of people have used them. I didn't use anything and I don't think it delayed Holly cruising or walking. Anya is still young and her legs will get stronger.

I would say try not to worry but know how difficult it is not too :nope:

vermeil - My lo never had physio and never seemed to have any stiffness so guess its down to the individual child. Although I think physio as standard would be a great thing to have even for reassurance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->